Beginners and Beyond

Constitutional Penguins Thursday (Read 16 times)

Brilliant

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Brilliant

Happy Constitution Day, Penguins!  I'm still celebrating Mexican Independence Day this morning with some leftover cinnamon hot chocolate and a couple of espresso shots...mmm...

Ginny, how's Ben this morning?

I'm going to meet a friend this morning for some easy miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 tonight.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bad day yesterday.  Got in my car to go to work and an indicator light was on.  So took it to 'my' mechanic at Fort Sam Houston.  Left it with them and while they had the car, went for a run, ending up with 3.5 miles.  However, after the run, not feeling so good..threw up a couple of times. Luckily, the med-clinic is not so far from the gym, so went there and they fit me in.  Had some kind of stomach crap going on.  They gave me some stuff to 'cleanse' my innards - kinda like prepping for a colonoscopy - and told me not to use it till I got home cuz it would  start working pretty quick.  Got my car - nothing major, thank goodness, just some stuff that needed to be done; good thing cuz my poor old Escape as 164K miles on it and I want to keep driving it until it finally falls apart, especially as it's all paid for; been a good ole vehicle for me.  Drove home, drank the stuff - yeah, they were right, it works really fast! - and then mostly slept off-and-on in my chair.  Just didn't want to do anything, not even get on the computer.  Yesterday was not a great day, lol

Felt MUCHO better this morning and off to the YMCA for an easy 3 miles, but felt so good, I did a hill route and ended up doing 4 miles instead of 3, nice.  Back at work now - and my 2 co-workers are out - is something in the Texas air? - so my boss is glad to have me back today as we have a couple of short-notice projects.  It's all good.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I stopped to gas up my car this morning, and there must've been a spill (explains all that kitty litter) at my pump.  So now I'm at my desk and I keep getting faint whiffs of gasoline.  Since I have quite the insensitive nose, I'm a little concerned that if I go in the lab, the instruments will pick it up.  I do have a change of shoes here, hoping that'll help.  T minus 2 days to vacation!!

Brilliant -- enjoy the easy miles!!

Docket -- have a good eight!!

scotty -- sorry yesterday was such a crappy day!!    Glad today's better!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Another RD for me today. Taking it easy this week because my knees have been bothering me. I think I ramped up the mileage too quick.

Brilliant

Scotty, I hope you have a better day today!

PAD, enjoy the RD

Hopesmom, enjoy the countdown.

6.1 done.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like a nightmare of a day, Scotty!

Hope, a spill?  Kitty litter?  Do I have to worry about my hybrid doing this kind of thing?  Stop sniffing gas, BTW. Wink

PAD, enjoy the rest and take care of those knees.

Brilliant, nice run.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Nah, the spill was due to some doof at the gas station before me.  They must've overfilled gas cans or just spilled when they pulled the nozzle out of their car.  Your hybrid (and mine) is safe!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Went to the health club after work.  Decided on a RD and sat out on the deck before a storm hits us soon.

Maybe we can take a walk later and try another LR tomorrow morning.

Glad you got cleaned out, Scott.

GinnyinPA

Allison - I hope the run with your friend went well.  Ben is still limping.  He doesn't seem to be in much pain though, as he acts normally otherwise. We can't find the spot that is causing the problem.

D - I hope your 8 went well.

Scotty - was it just a virus, or something you ate?  I hope you're feeling better today.

HM - I hope the gas didn't affect your experiments.  Enjoy the packing.

PAD - good idea to rest your knees.

Jerry - I hope the storm cools thing down.  I hope some of the rain comes our way.  We need it.

I did a very hot fartlek run today.  It was too hot for anything sustained, but I wanted to try a little speed.  Bad idea.  Still, seven miles is seven miles.

hog4life

Late check in, no running, got the x-ray done,  the tech said he didn't see anything.

GinnyinPA

Mitch - good news.