Beginners and Beyond

Who wants to run THIS race? (Read 81 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://trailrunnermag.com/races/15-featured-races/1225-stray-bullets-and-high-winds

Apparently some local found it "funny" or prudent to fire off some tracer bullets into the woods through which the racers passed............ glad nobody had gotten hurt and not exactly sure I would want to run a race that goes close to a shooting range, especially with strong gusts of winds. But maybe there are those who like this kind of excitement, lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

http://trailrunnermag.com/races/15-featured-races/1225-stray-bullets-and-high-winds

Apparently some local found it "funny" or prudent to fire off some tracer bullets into the woods through which the racers passed............ glad nobody had gotten hurt and not exactly sure I would want to run a race that goes close to a shooting range, especially with strong gusts of winds. But maybe there are those who like this kind of excitement, lol.

Scotty has told his story of when he was shot at during a run where he lives.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would definitely be a bundle of nerves...

Scotty has told his story of when he was shot at during a run where he lives.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

"Paige Pattilo, 25, of Bothell, Washington, blazed in at 1:38:51 for the women’s win and fifth place overall. According to Ian Achey at La Sportiva, Pattilo came in so fast that she kept running—no one was able to track her down following her win."

lol

LRB

Seriously though hopefully no one was ever in any real danger.  I run past an archery range (twice - out and back) on one of my routes and the thought of someone being a smart ass weighs heavily on my mind each time.

The police would be all over some shit like that if were to happen here and maybe that will be the case there as well.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

As a hunter and a recreational shooter, something like that would definitely not be tolerated around me or those I shoot with. When you're on a range there's protocol to follow. When you're by yourself there's something called common decency and common sense that should rule the roost. I guess there are morons everywhere.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

One of my LR routes go pass the Boonville Gun Club which is right on the side of the highway, I sometimes wonder if some snob will ever bitch and whine about it being there, but there has never been an issue. I know I've jumped a couple of times running past it and someone's shotgun goes off lol, it's just instinct.

PRs

Birdwell

Morons is putting it lightly.

While I wasn't shot "at", I was shot "towards" on a run last year (they weren't aiming at me, per se, just in the general direction I was)

It took a lot of self control to not say anything when I went past them.

If they had not had firearms, I would have reacted much differently, and slapped them both upside the head.