Beginners and Beyond

Zoom ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Just being impatient, as long as my toe continues not hurting I'll probably try a few minutes every 2-3 days. Outside has always been easier on my legs than the treadmill because I'm weird like that. Going to try walking a mile or two in shortish loops around my neighborhood this weekend to ease back in a little more intelligently - that's something that I'm actually allowed to do at the 8 week mark!

Future Alter-G trips TBD - I'm stuck at home with the kid next week, so might have to wait until the week after to go back. My first visit was free, but it's $25 a pop normally so I won't be going too often.

I got a package deal, something like 5 hours for $115 I think. I ran an hour at a time so not much different than you.

LRB

So, I twisted my ankle on Tuesday and I have been running with this out of place:

Massage therapist put it back into place but I just got home so SRD (only Pilates).  I'll catch up tomorrow.

Thank goodness for competent help!

Cyberic

11 miles with 9 at heat/humidity adjusted mp. Did not calculate exactly by how much the adjustment was, just went by feel and didn't mind if I was running a bit slower for some kilometres.

Half Crazy K 2.0

1 hour spinning workout. I really need to bring a bath towel down into the basement next time I do this.

LRB

1 hour spinning workout. I really need to bring a bath towel down into the basement next time I do this.

You spin to music or someone on DVD screaming at you that you are lazy?

Half Crazy K 2.0

You spin to music or someone on DVD screaming at you that you are lazy?

DVD. Cathe Friedrich's Pedal Power.

Little Blue

So, I twisted my ankle on Tuesday and I have been running with this out of place:

Massage therapist put it back into place but I just got home so SRD (only Pilates).  I'll catch up tomorrow.

Did you walk two blocks and use his trunk as a massage table?  Could be a way to drum up business for him.

That looks painful.

Cyberic

Did you aggratave anything by running on the out of place cuboid bone, D?

Docket_Rocket

Running didn't make it worse nor better.  It didn't hurt while running, but other than that, it hurt.  Since he adjusted it, the pain has gone down.  If it's not entirely gone, I'll go back to get more cracking.  Other than that, not much I can do.  But it's nice not to be hurting as bad as I was.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Did he tape it as well?  Sounds really painful.

onemile

9 miles with

2 mile warm up
                        2 miles of 2 min "on" 2 "off"  
                        4 mile hill climb, first two miles at 4% incline, second two at 5% incline - tempo effort
                        1 mile cool down

9 miles with

2 mile warm up
                          2 miles of 2 min "on" 2 "off"  
                          4 mile hill climb, first two miles at 4% incline, second two at 5% incline - tempo effort
                          1 mile cool down

Whoa.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Did he tape it as well?  Sounds really painful.

He did, although the tape has come off.  I'll leave it off during running (it usually bugs me) but will tape it for work tomorrow morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

40 minutes (well, 44) on a hill route in the rain with 6 x 20 second strides.  5.6 miles at 7:49 pace.  Three straight runs at a sub-8:00 pace.  Starting to find my groove again.

<3

LRB

40 minutes (well, 44) on a hill route in the rain with 6 x 20 second strides.  5.6 miles at 7:49 pace.  Three straight runs at a sub-8:00 pace.  Starting to find my groove again.