Beginners and Beyond

Gaining weight because you are hurt contest. (Read 287 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I already up 2 pounds this week. No running for a while and a lot of pies in the house. I am up to 215 may be going for my record of 221 before I can start running again.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Walk-Jogger

I took 4 months off from running this past summer/fall, due to sore feet and ankles plus various life events getting in the way. I was not doing much of anything other than sitting at a computer screen literally all day, and I slowly packed on 9 lbs (started at 133 lbs, ended up at 142-143), most of that in the last 6 weeks of my self-imposed "exile" from running. I started up running again 5 weeks ago, and at first lost no weight, for like 2 weeks, but now 5 weeks into it, I'm already back down 4 or 5 lbs. Of course, I had to up my weekly mileage to far beyond the recommended level for a "new" runner...  

'Scuse me now, I gotta go eat another slice of pumpkin pie before someone else beats me to it... 

Retired &  Loving It

LRB

I have not run in three weeks and will not be running for the foreseeable future.  I got on the scale today, and it laughed out loud!

I am well into my third month off do to knee issues. New years I will start again slowly. I can't wait!Sad

Holiday weight gain time is here. At  least I am pumping iron in the gym once to twice a week.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm actually losing weight during my injury.  You really don't need to eat much when you're not running.  It's weird to see my appetite decrease...

That means I need to go drink a beer, no?

Running is dumb.

LRB

That means I need to go drink a beer, no?

I'm syain'.  I only drink three to four beers a night but they are around 300 calories a piece.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

300 calories a piece?!  Whatcha drinking there, LRB?  I love me some double IPAs...

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Just poured myself one of these - Flying Dog Farmhouse IPA.

Running is dumb.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I will start lifting today but no running for at least another week

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Just eat less. Big grin You won't gain any weight, then. Or you could cross-train to keep up your heart health and burn a few calories!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I am up 8 pounds in six weeks. 

But I bought a bike, logged into WW for the first time in forever and am cleared to start running a tiny bit again next week.  Smile  Which is really good because being injured makes me sad.  And sad leads to sweets.

I can win this contest. I don't even dare step on a scale.

My tendons hate me.

I'm right there with you all. I already gained weight in my really long marathon taper and now I can't run for at least 6 weeks. I don't know how much longer I can convince myself my pants are tighter because they were just washed...  cant even cross train for a while since my ITB pain is still acute...  Bad timing with the holidays and all.  

5K - 23:25 (10/11)

10K - 46:45 (6/12)

HM - 1:46:55 (5/12)

Marathon - 4:18:55 (Philly 11/12 in crippling pain) 

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I'm right there with you all. I already gained weight in my really long marathon taper and now I can't run for at least 6 weeks. I don't know how much longer I can convince myself my pants are tighter because they were just washed...  cant even cross train for a while since my ITB pain is still acute...  Bad timing with the holidays and all.  

A.J.!!!!!!

LRB

300 calories a piece?!  Whatcha drinking there, LRB?  I love me some double IPAs...

Chocolate stout.  I do not really care for it but it was free.

A good IPA is extremely pleasant.  They are so smooth that I have to pace myself, otherwise I would drink them this fast: