Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

B-Plus

I'm a bit sore after yesterday's run. I only ended up with 2 @ 9:19 today.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had to go in early today, so MLR on tap for this evening.  Might hit up the trail with my new MT110s if they get here in time. Smile

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I'm a bit sore after yesterday's run. I only ended up with 2 @ 9:19 today.

Hooray for small victories!

Scotty, whomever made the decision to sever ties with Kraft is.a dummy!

Good luck on whatever you decide Jack.

D2, enjoy the debut!  I ran in my new Nimbus 15's this morning for the first time.  While they are not as plush as the Kayano, they are a quality shoe.

Dad on the run.

Sup peeps!

Day 3 of misery, Pulled out the Jillians 30DS dvd and did a workout followed by some core work then stretching, rolling and icing the leg.

Guys from work on going on a 8 miler after work and I WANT TO GO!!! This is only day 3 and I told myself I would rest until the end of the week. I'm likely to become somewhat whiney in the next few days, I just want to go outside and play Sad

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty I work at a school fulltime but I also see 15 kids as an independent contractor part-time after school, so I have to do all their paperwork on my own time, Some of that paperwork includes annual reports and quarterly reports. I have all of their quarterlies due Friday, as well as the quarterlies for my 25 clients I see at my school, and I dont get enough paperwork time during the day to do them so it results in me having a few weeks a year when all my time not spent working is spent.....well....

Working

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Sup peeps!

Day 3 of misery, Pulled out the Jillians 30DS dvd and did a workout followed by some core work then stretching, rolling and icing the leg.

Guys from work on going on a 8 miler after work and I WANT TO GO!!! This is only day 3 and I told myself I would rest until the end of the week. I'm likely to become somewhat whiney in the next few days, I just want to go outside and play Sad

Stay strong and rest.  Look who is saying this.  I am taking a full week off because I know it's for the best.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, B-Plus, you did 2 miles in 9:19?  Shocked  That is SPEEDY!  Did you have on your 'Flash" suit so as not to catch your skin on fire at that pace? Joking

There you go again, LRB, insulting my Nimbus.  Wink  Well, the Kayano is a totally different shoe than the Nimbus; kayano is more stability and for overpronation, the Nimbus is cushion shoe, but probably a bit more firm than the Kayano as it was designed for "bigger"  (that reads FAT, in my case, lol) runners who are underpronaters - which I am - but need a cushioning shoe that is more supportive than what most cushioning shoes are.   Being that you like the Kayano better, I think you would like the ASICS 2100 series better than the Nimbus.   You might go 'test drive' one of those.    Heck, I'd give you for free the Kayanos I got a while back to 'test run' - I hated them, by the way -  cuz they're just gathering dust on the shelf now, but my foot size is a lot smaller than yours, I think, I wear 9.5 medium width.

Can't you ride a bike, Jimmy?  I know it's not the same as running, but at least you could keep the guys company, maybe even be helpful and carry the water, etc. for them.   You could be like those 'bike medics" at a race, riding up and down the course, making sure everyone is good to go.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Hey everybody, I just ran up the stairs at work for the first time since September, something I did daily for a million years without  thinking about it before my stupid setback.

I am so happy, I could float away!

Dad on the run.

Just tie a string around you so we can pull you back down...

Hey everybody, I just ran up the stairs at work for the first time since September, something I did daily for a million years without  thinking about it before my stupid setback.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Hip Redux

4 miles for me on the ()*#&%@# treadmill.

Big grin

HobbitLegs

elevenses

4.1 with the running partner. Now to feed.

Docket_Rocket

Yay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

Work is ENDLESS this week!   I got home so late last night everything in my neighborhood was closed so my dinner was (this is quality food for athletes, btw) a quesedilla and a pop tart... Looks like tonight is going to be a repeat of that.

Thanksgiving can not get here soon enough.

Sorry no personals today Sad

But glad you're running up stairs LRB!

Kristin it seems we're in similar boats WRT work!  Hope it eases up soon.

4 miles on the cold dark bike trail.

Way to go on the stairs Rick!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

Being that you like the Kayano better, I think you would like the ASICS 2100 series better than the Nimbus.  

I do not necessarily like it better, my first impression after one run in the Nimbus was that the Kayano was more plush is all I was saying.

I did not go with a lighter neutral shoe because I do not want to jack anything up on my body by making a drastic change.  The Nimbus is at the top of its class, which is why I selected it.  I am sure it will serve me well.