Beginners and Beyond

Men Suck! Dang it (Read 147 times)

Yugo8

No rule, but my concern is whether it EXACTLY like the women's version, stability and stuff you know? I don't want to get into a new colorful cool pair of shoes only to start having shin, knee or calf issues again.... especially as I get closer to beginning training for my first marathon.

And honestly, I love that color (pooh on you LRB ) but I don't know if I really need another pair of trail shoes yet................hmmm

In my experience with LRSs in several states, if you buy shoes from a LRS, you usually have at least 2 weeks to wear them and easily return them if they give you problems.

I'm sure it depends on the particular store, but for my favorite one before I moved, it was totally fine to run outside and dirty the shoes - you could still return them.

Dad on the run.

As soon as I read Venomized comment I knew you would have something to say back... why is that?

I would hope that the majority of straight women suck...............

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am too freaking predictable damn it!

Yugo - I doubt our two small LRs have these shoes, heck I don't know if Dick's would have them but I am used to buying my shoes on Runningwarehouse.com.

As soon as I read Venomized comment I knew you would have something to say back... why is that?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The color means nothing to me.  I couldn't care less about a shoe's appearance.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

RSX

I could do the opposite thread on socks. I will sometimes try to buy unusual colors for running. I won't buy pink but occasionally I see an interesting style and they are for women.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Honestly, I do feel that way about trail shoes... with our trails here there is no point to worry about color because after a few runs you won't see the color.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

Those are pretty fugly. But I don't like black shoes.  And the yellow is pretty gaudy.  I haven't seen many cool looking Asics though.  Saucony has some nicer looking shoes.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Asics are my magic, I've had no issues with them and I ain't budging  after looking closer at the yellows, I have to agree.... though I still like the trail shoes (the black and orange/yellow).

Those are pretty fugly. But I don't like black shoes.  And the yellow is pretty gaudy.  I haven't seen many cool looking Asics though.  Saucony has some nicer looking shoes.

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

If you have the option of worrying about shoe color then count yourself lucky.

Go look for non-normal widths and the color ways.

agree w Venomized

GinnyinPA

Men's shoes tend to be wider in the heel, so if you have a narrow heel, you may end up with more slipping (and thus more blisters).

When I first started looking at running shoes, after years of wearing very plain hiking shoes, I looked at all the bright colors and said, "too gaudy", but now that I've been running for a while, I've started to enjoy all the brilliant hues.  I just wish the local stores carried more shoes in wide widths.  My options are very limited.

Docket_Rocket

Men's shoes tend to be wider in the heel, so if you have a narrow heel, you may end up with more slipping (and thus more blisters).

When I first started looking at running shoes, after years of wearing very plain hiking shoes, I looked at all the bright colors and said, "too gaudy", but now that I've been running for a while, I've started to enjoy all the brilliant hues.  I just wish the local stores carried more shoes in wide widths.  My options are very limited.

I have narrow feet and never had an issue with the men's shoes.  Not sure why.  They just fit better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I'm old now and in mid-life crisis, so I have to be color coordinated these days, as you can see from my race report photos, lol.  Matching headbands, shirts, socks, shoe colors...       Gail thinks it's funny.  I tell her to just be happy I don't have a blonde and a motorcycle instead...

I have a pair of these....

And a pair of these...

And a pair of these..

And a pair of these....

And a red-colored pair too....

Yeah, I'm an ASICS Nimbus shoe hog....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt