Beginners and Beyond

Wanna Get Laid FriDailies (Read 53 times)

LRB

Not getting a star from DaveP is like getting a star.

EXACTLY. lol

workinprogress11

6 miles.

They just passed a law in Illinois decriminalizing simple possession of pot.  No jail time, just up to a $200 fine. I think they did this so no one would care that they can't pass a budget.

LRB

6 miles.

They just passed a law in Illinois decriminalizing simple possession of pot.  No jail time, just up to a $200 fine. I think they did this so no one would care that they can't pass a budget.

I've been involved on the inspection end of grow rooms in a few cities here in the mitten, the shit is off the chains! People are spending upwards of $30k just to set the things up, it's crazy. Like, if you have thirty grand just to invest in the grow operation, how much are you expecting in return?

Docket_Rocket

6 miles.

Awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I've been involved on the inspection end of grow rooms in a few cities here in the mitten, the shit is off the chains! People are spending upwards of $30k just to set the things up, it's crazy. Like, if you have thirty grand just to invest in the grow operation, how much are you expecting in return?

States would be fully funded if they do, from what I have read.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good evening, folks!  3114 yard swim with the tri group tonight.  What a beautiful night for a swim.  The water was great for not wearing a wetsuit, but I wear one anyway because FTS.  Wife decided we needed pizza on the way home.  This evening was a success.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles. 1 easy. 2 miles of 2 minutes hard, 1:30 recover, 1 mile easy, 2 miles of 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy, 2 miles easy. While it is cooler than it has been, it is more humid. I was sweating maybe 10 minutes in and was totally soaked by the end.

Zelanie

That's about how it's working out here in Oregon.  People with cash to spend are getting rich.  My guess is how it will get fully legalized is that the banks are going to want in on this action.

Ingress is a nerdier version of Pokeman Go, lol.  There are "portals" around and you have to try to capture them for your team and connect them to other team portals by physically going to the spots with your phone, deploying "weapons", etc.  Team points are scored in real time around the world.  The cool thing is there are lots of little plaques and cool things around town that I never really paid attention to otherwise.  My local running park has about 10 portals over a 2.5 mile or so stretch, for example.  Met another runner from the other team who was out getting his run in and hitting portals on the way.  He was higher level so he was going through breaking all of my stuff right after I built it.  But he was a nice enough guy really. I have about 39486423 invites if anybody wants to try it out.

Docket_Rocket

Yeap.  Banks would have a lot of lobbying power.

Finally talked to my aunt. No change with my mom.  Still in ICU recovering from the brain surgery.  Couldn't do the angio study because her sugar level is high (she is diabetic to boot and I better not inherit that too).  So, tomorrow, 2 more days in ICU, and then at least 4 in the regular room.  At this pace, I'll get to PR next weekend and she will be in the hospital still?  Meanwhile, my husband got the same surgery (different brain work, though), got one night in ICU and has been home and is ready to run (help me hold him down!).  Trust me, guys, running will save your life if you ever need brain surgery.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Best wishes to your mom, D.  My dad had a brain tumor removed 18 years ago and had a hellish recovery, but he wasn't a runner.  He runs now, though.

Docket_Rocket

Best wishes to your mom, D.  My dad had a brain tumor removed 18 years ago and had a hellish recovery, but he wasn't a runner.  He runs now, though.

Two brain surgeries (hubby's and hers) in one week is as much as I can take.  no one can get sick ever again, you hear me?  Thanks!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Two brain surgeries (hubby's and hers) in one week is as much as I can take.  no one can get sick ever again, you hear me?  Thanks!

No kidding.  Glad both are in the past, now.

But none of us died, so we should all get stars!!

1. I have no proof of that.

2. Perhaps you were not paying attention yesterday when I stated the criteria for awarding stars.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

1. I have no proof of that.

2. Perhaps you were not paying attention yesterday when I stated the criteria for awarding stars.

I didn't either, off to check!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Dammit, I had to go all the way back to Wednesday to find that shit!