Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdaylies on the 28th (Read 37 times)

LRB

I went to yoga for mother fucks sake. Figured my legs couldn't feel any worse than they do.

workinprogress11

New streak?

Lol, not yet. I didn't have a chance to run on Tuesday.

LRB

Lol, not yet. I didn't have a chance to run on Tuesday.

Well, running 66 days consecutively is pretty damned impressive. My fingers are crossed that you have turned the corner on everything, or if not, at least found a happy medium that allows you to run.

workinprogress11

Well, running 66 days consecutively is pretty damned impressive. My fingers are crossed that you have turned the corner on everything, or if not, at least found a happy medium that allows you to run.

Thanks!

Hip Redux

Is that a race distance or just a run? Not that 14 miles is just an anything, but you know what I'm saying

Race.  It's the second half of the marathon relay.  Somehow I got the more difficult, longer leg.

LRB

Race.  It's the second half of the marathon relay.  Somehow I got the more difficult, longer leg.

Because you're a real runner. It's one of the rare occasions where it would pay to be fake. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, note to self: be careful what you wish for.  My groin hurts, says I, Pilates instructor: let's do a whole hour on the foam roller!  FFS.  My groin feels better but that's hard to balance yourself ON the foam roller while doing all the pilates moves.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went to yoga for mother fucks sake. Figured my legs couldn't feel any worse than they do.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for...

Damaris

Hip Redux

Because you're a real runner. It's one of the rare occasions where it would pay to be fake. lol

OR I'm a sucker.

Tough call. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OR I'm a sucker.

Tough call. lol

Suckers can be real runners too.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Suckers can be real runners too.

That's what makes us real runners, we're just suckers for pain.

Which reminds me of a song 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-59jGD4WrmE

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Imagine how much more difficult that second half would be if you also did the first half.

Dave

You're just as fast as I am

From 10k down, maybe. From HM up, not even in the same league. Anyway, some of your workouts are pretty damn impressive.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's actually early Thursday morning and not Wednesday but oversleeping and stumbling through the dark emphasized how I may have overdone yesterday's interval workout. One of my running partners joined a faster group for the night and the other had to bail after 4 sets, so I was basically running the workout solo: 9 x (400m at 5K pace, 90 second recovery, 200m at mile pace, 90 second recovery). I think I was running them a little faster than the prescribed pace, then I tried to keep up with the fast group on the last set.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.