Beginners and Beyond

I Can Run Again (Read 348 times)

Better I Leave

Well, that would depend on who you asked.  I thought it was a calf strain so I went to a chiro hoping some ultrasound would help.  Chiro diagnosed me with multiple sfx and told me 6 weeks off.  After 6 weeks, he told me he still didn't like the x-rays, so lets wait another 6 weeks.  Took x-rays to an orthopedist who couldn't find any evidence of sfx in either set of films and based on my desciption of the injury concurred that it was likely a calf strain and okayed me to gradually return to running.

You all totally think I'm going to go crazy now, don't you?  I promise I'm not.  I'm sick of doctors. 

Gotcha. 12 weeks, eh? I feel your pain. I'm kinda in the same boat. I had surgery for a complete bicep tear (tore from the elbow) on 10/10 and I can't lift (big and heavy that is) until March...UGH! Granted my injury wasn't subject to interpretation, but I can empathize with your frustration and desire to get back into something that you love to do. Glad you're back at it. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Well, that would depend on who you asked.  I thought it was a calf strain so I went to a chiro hoping some ultrasound would help.  Chiro diagnosed me with multiple sfx and told me 6 weeks off.  After 6 weeks, he told me he still didn't like the x-rays, so lets wait another 6 weeks.  Took x-rays to an orthopedist who couldn't find any evidence of sfx in either set of films and based on my desciption of the injury concurred that it was likely a calf strain and okayed me to gradually return to running.

You all totally think I'm going to go crazy now, don't you?  I promise I'm not.  I'm sick of doctors. 

Well, you are, after all, the crazy running lady, no?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Oops, I had you mixed up with someone else who's on IR, so please ignore my comment about taking it easy Smile I mean, you should if you are supposed to, but not knowing the full backstory I feel silly having made that comment Smile

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Oops, I had you mixed up with someone else who's on IR, so please ignore my comment about taking it easy Smile I mean, you should if you are supposed to, but not knowing the full backstory I feel silly having made that comment Smile

Still going to take it easy. Smile  I need to go back to my stronger distances and work on those and not even think about marathons until my consistency and my tendency toward injury have improved. 

(although I admit to hinting about the Cleveland Half last night... the husband was not amused...)

bobruns

Great News!

SheCan

I didn't know the story until now, but I'd wondered where you'd been.  Hopefully the 12 weeks off helped the pain, regardless of it's origin.  Its kinda hard to imagine you not running for so long.  I sure am glad you're back with us in running and on the forums!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad to hear it! Welcome back and look foward to your race reports when you start racing again, always enjoy your reports.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, chiros aren't REAL doctors, you know.  Wink  Glad you finally went to an ACTUAL doctor. Joking

Just joking.  Some chiros, just like some doctors, are very good, while others are idiots. Sadly, you got the one of the idiot version ones.

Glad you are feeling better!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's great you're back... I share your good spirits!

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

mucknort

Weezer88

Glad to have you back Lara!  We've (WTF) missed you.

I AM WEEZER.