Beginners and Beyond

Easy like Sundaily morning (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Ugh. I was going to ask if you were going for sub-6, but I see your sig line. Do you have another one planned?

Also: I noticed you are wearing the Brooks Hyperion. Are you pretty happy with them? I was shopping for race shoes (you missed that saga) and really liked them. However they don't come in the right size for me (I'm 12.5, and the half sizes for that model stop at 12). So they were a bit on the snug side, but mostly tight in the forefoot. One run in them & I could tell the toebox was going to be a problem long term. So I took them back & exchanged them for the Asteria. Which came in my size, was a bit roomier in the toebox, and had a bit more cushioning. Which was probably for the best, because I was looking for something to race marathons in, and pretty sure the Hyperion wouldn't hold up for that.

There is one in August and one in September that I can do -- assuming I can manage not to break.  The one in September is the Fifth Avenue Mile, where I ran 6:11 off a 5K PR nearly a minute slower than what it is now, so I should be able to get it there.  But I really want to just get it done already because it's like an albatross around my neck at this point.

I do like the Hyperions, albeit not as much as the T7 (which they replaced).  The toe box is a little more narrow, yes, but it doesn't bother me much since the upper is so forgiving.  But yeah, I wouldn't wear them for a marathon.  (That's just me, though -- I know lots of people would.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

Bluesky - congratulations!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You forget, only Damaris is allowed to complain about the heat

LOL, my ahem was because she asked if anyone had started complaining about the heat before her.  I think I've been bitching for a while.  aka, always?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, bluesky!

URD for me.  Got home an hour ago, TM still does not work, so no run.

Damaris

Runshortii

OK, I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I'll probably do a more detailed race report later more for myself than anything else.

But I managed a 7th place (so a pretty ribbon) in the 65 - 69 1500 on the track today.

I had no expectation of any better than 15th or so but the  no shows brought my overall seeding up to 10 and I beat that by 3.

A 5:53.55 PR (PhatOldMan type) for the distance in 85 degrees and sun.

That's awesome!! Great job!

I ran 6. Waited until it "cooled off" but it was still super humid

Runshortii

Well, that's the problem ... it did hurt, but it didn't hurt any more than the 5K I ran two weeks ago.  I gave up halfway.  The heat-adjusted pace for 5:59 in today's weather (FFS, I was wearing a down jacket a few days ago!!!!) is 6:16.  I could have managed that if I'd pushed for it, but I didn't see the point... I want a PR, not a heat-adjusted PR.

I don't blame you. Still, great job. The mile is hard.

LRB

I saw The Mummy. It's apparently the first of many for Universal studios as they throw their hat into the ring with Marvel and DC Comics to create their own cinematic universe.

It wasn't great but not many of these things are. I liked it, I thought it was fun.