Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins like to sleep in late! (Read 203 times)

Mmmmm...beer

I see what you did here Dave.  You really really really don't want to put up those Christmas decorations do you?  Seriously, the most insane form of procrastination I've ever seen. 

Seriously though, that is an awesome marathon time.  You did this as a training run?  After running for what? a year?  WHOA!!!

AFM - 15 days 86 miles

Damn, they're on to me! lol I am a pretty bad procrastinator for real tho.  Thanks!  Yup, decided to just see what it would feel like, my previous LR was 20 miles, I gotta tell ya, those last few miles are no joke.  This is my 9th month of running. Smile 

Great job on the streak! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Jeeze, Dave, you are awesome.  If we combined you and Heidi, we'd have the most intense, motivated running machine ever! LOL

Mmmmm...beer

Jeeze, Dave, you are awesome.  If we combined you and Heidi, we'd have the most intense, motivated running machine ever! LOL

Thanks Liz!  We'd be like the wonder twins! LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I had so much fun at fleet feet!! Ended up with the Saucony proglide echelon 3!! And I can't use them until Christmas!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

hog4life

Kristi, I love Fleet Feet, you should convince DH you need to take them for a test run and make sure they're okay so you don't have to exchange them. Dave, you and awood are insane! Lol. I got a 10 mile LR in today in the hot azz weather Jimmy and Traci mentioned, and to be honest, don't know how I did it after a 68 hour work week.
            Robert31320

Team TJ

No running today but we did just finish 4 miles walking around the island looking at Christmas lights...or the lack of....

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

I ended up with a URD.  Migraine is just going away and now it's too late for me to run, sigh.

Dtothe2nd, great job.  Recover!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Dave rocks!  And on a streak, no less!

Jerry- We're so close to the same place in our running, it's funny.  My first 30 mile week was last week.  Good job with the miles today!

Mickey- Sounds like a gorgeous run!  Good for you!

Cherie- Good luck tomorrow!

Margo- Speaking of being in a similar place, it looks like our first HMs are close to the same time, plus I ran just about the same distance on my LR today!

Kristi- Congrats on the new shoes!

AFM, I ran 8.6 today.  I went out for 8 but it felt like it took me forever to warm up, plus I've been at 8 for so long I almost felt like I had a mental block about it, so I decided to keep going just a tad farther.  Part of my route was flooded, so I hit ankle-deep water (with current!) about two miles in, yuk!  I managed to change things up enough on the way back so that I didn't get quite as wet.

Hog4life- I would love to but I make him wait up have his presents until Christmas so I better follow my own rules!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Bin Running

Jack, Can't really see on my ageing eyes.. But I can imagine.. Hulk Hogan playing the drum..

Cherie, Good luck with the HM.

Dave, Good job.. In fact much more than good.. Awesome consider the fact that you are only running this year..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar