Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdaiilies - Would you believe hot and humid? (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

But slowww

(They were supposed to be 10k to 5k pace)

Was it very hot? 75 and no no humidity here this evening, which is why I waited.

And I still think having to run a total of more than 5000 m in training at about 5K pace is ... not logical. I understand in your case it was 10->5k pace, so doable, but still a big workout.

Cyberic

6 x 4:00 tempo with 2:00 recoveries.  Basically 6 x 1K.  6:33 avg pace on the intervals.  Not bad for summer tempo.

Nice!

Docket_Rocket

4 miles and 30 minutes of kickboxing done.  I needed it after the day I had.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.8 with 2 sets of 8 x 200. The whole run sucked. My plan was to do part of the first set on the road on the way to the track, then the rest on the track. I got over to the track and the ones I did were just sluggish. Plan B was to then do the rest on the road, since it would be mostly uphill, so I'd have an excuse for them being slow.

Cyberic

Kick boxing must really work the muscles differently from running Smile

Nice intervals HCK

And by "not logical" what I meant is I do not think I could hold my true 5K pace for 6000m worth of intervals, unless lots of rest. Therefore I think the pace for such a workout would be slower than 5K pace. Of course maybe others can do it. But I do not see how I could.

onemile

Was it very hot? 75 and no no humidity here this evening, which is why I waited.

And I still think having to run a total of more than 5000 m in training at about 5K pace is ... not logical. I understand in your case it was 10->5k pace, so doable, but still a big workout.

70, sunny, not humid. If anything I blame the work travel

onemile

Kick boxing must really work the muscles differently from running Smile

Nice intervals HCK

And by "not logical" what I meant is I do not think I could hold my true 5K pace for 6000m worth of intervals, unless lots of rest. Therefore I think the pace for such a workout would be slower than 5K pace. Of course maybe others can do it. But I do not see how I could.

I understand what you meant and agree