Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Drink Beer MonDAILY (Read 14 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Cute photo, HsM!

Off work today to sleep in, get errands done, and a "deep muscle therapy" massage later. Might do a few miles around the neighborhood later, but oddly, my toenails are the most sore 

Bacon - hopefully they don't fall off!  I've lost a few toenails after HM races until I realized I need to always trim them before the race and change into different shoes after the race.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Aww, hope.  Any name decision yet?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Not yet.  We've considered Widget (to go with Chewie), Constance, Pearl, and Adeline.  So far nothing's really stuck.  Of course, I also haven't heard back from DH whether she's been microchipped -- he might've gotten her home by now!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

So cute! <3 I hope you get to keep her (and if not, then I hope she has a good home and they're happy to have her back safe and sound!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.5 sluggish miles for me.  Did our .5 mile Run/Walks and struggled to get the running part under 10:00.  Either the 20 miles last 2 days caught up with me or it's just Monday afternoon blahs.  Good news is no aches, pains, or soreness.

Our usual route takes us across a very fast, busy street with lights, left and right turn signals, so we usually have to wait to cross with the green.  Every so often there is a random break in the traffic when we can safely cross on the red, but whenever this happens there invariably is a mom with little kids waiting with us to cross.  Kind of feels like we are setting a bad example if we go against the light and subverting the poor mom who is obediently obeying the light.  To cross or not to cross?  What what would you do?

Now time to observe Drink Beer Day !!!

GinnyinPA

Jerry - I'd do as you do:  if there are kids, you set a good example, if not, go for it.

My run got a bit weird:  For some reason, I ran into swarms of gnats.  They didn't bite, they just committed suicide on my sweaty skin and eyes, nose and mouth.  I was covered by gnat corpses.  I've never had that in my neighborhood before.  I wonder if it has something to do with the storm that's coming?  Or with the cornfields that have just been cleared?  I did 7 very sluggish miles.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jerry - I'd do as you do:  if there are kids, you set a good example, if not, go for it.

My run got a bit weird:  For some reason, I ran into swarms of gnats.  They didn't bite, they just committed suicide on my sweaty skin and eyes, nose and mouth.  I was covered by gnat corpses.  I've never had that in my neighborhood before.  I wonder if it has something to do with the storm that's coming?  Or with the cornfields that have just been cleared?  I did 7 very sluggish miles.

Ginny that used to happen to me walking the trails by my parents.  It also happened once while cycling and that was just like massive suicide all at once.  It is so gross =(

I did do a little streak run on the treadmill in the K5s and then some recovery yoga.  I felt really good during it but kept it short because recovery is important.  The forecast currently calls for rain during my HM on Sunday =(  I'm not tapering for the half, but this will be a cutback week of sorts - hoping for about 40 miles after 48 last week.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sorry to disappoint you Ginny, but we crossed (but at least we felt guilty).  Hopefully the mom explained that runners will die if they stop.