Beginners and Beyond

Let the sun shine Saturday penguins (Read 17 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

California Chrome.

Great pick.  You win $2...

on my way to badass

I picked Wicked Strong just because I am a runner. No real bet, but I had the best guess in my household. (Oldfatslow used to work on a Thoroughbred farm and I am a horse person also). DS picked Uncle Sigh because he was #3 and that is his baseball number. I too, am conflicted by horse racing.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

Horrible run today, though it was a nice day outside.  I did an easy route and still ended up struggling the whole way.  I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that every other house was either mowing or had just mowed the lawn.  I felt like I was only getting about half the usual air in my lungs.  My main focus starting out was to keep the pace slower than usual, since I've been going out too fast on most of my runs, and I did succeed at that, but it didn't help make the long run feel any easier.  I fought my desire to cut it short and ended up with 12 miles.  I would have liked a longer run, because it was such a nice day - cool and breezy - but I'm okay with 12.

re the Derby - last night, NBC news had a feature on the trainer of California Chrome, so he was the only horse I knew going in.  Nice that he won.