Beginners and Beyond

Racing Old School (Read 69 times)

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the race!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Good story.  Now you have to go out and get one of these tatoo'd on your other calf.

No more marathons

Good story.  Now you have to go out and get one of these tatoo'd on your other calf.

Perfect - I'll run that by my artist

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I thought you said Old School. You pay a $1 entry fee. The course winds around in a loop or out-and-back and the distance was measured by car odometer and is probably not a standard distance anyway, something like 4.7 or 11.6 miles.  At the finish line you're handed a popsicle stick with your place on it, which you turn into the results table where they take your name, and then results are announced with trophies to the top 3 runners. No t-shirts, no goodie bags, no AG awards. If it's a big race, e.g a couple hundred runners, and sponsored by one of the local service organizations, the ladies auxiliary may even have a breakfast or lunch prepared for the runners.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

But...but...no medal.  No shirt.  Sad

LOL @ "car back!"

Nice job, bluesky!  Good luck in your HM.

<3