Beginners and Beyond

New bike trainer - clueless (Read 121 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sorry if this doesn't fit here exactly, but I know a lot of you ride. Anyway, I got a new bike trainer and really don't know how to tell if it's set up properly. It's a fluid trainer, and right now it feels very tough to ride and also not totally smooth. What really has me worried is that the tire is leaving tons of rubber on the trainer. Is this typical? I did put a new, trainer specific tire on the rear. Could that be the cause of the rubber? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and tips.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Shakedown Street

how much you cranking that down on the tire. what trainer is it.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Just B.S.

Sorry SIAR, no can help. Clueless here as well.

As you know I have a bike trainer, however I also have my hubby to do everything mechanical

and I.T. related for me. I just ride the darn thing. I do know that there is no rubber on my trainer

so doesn't sound right.

Glad to hear you got the trainer!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

how much you cranking that down on the tire. what trainer is it.

. It's a Nashbar fluid trainer...not a cycleops, for sure, but the reviews were good. I don't know that I have an option to tighten it down...either it's locked in or it's not, from what I can tell.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sorry SIAR, no can help. Clueless here as well.

As you know I have a bike trainer, however I also have my hubby to do everything mechanical

and I.T. related for me. I just ride the darn thing. I do know that there is no rubber on my trainer

so doesn't sound right.

Glad to hear you got the trainer!

. Thanks! Having to deal with the mechanical stuff is largely what scared me about starting with tri's in the first place.

tinman11

The tires will wear fast, but it does sound like you need to reduce the tension on yours.

These trainers come in handy when the in-laws visit.  Just place a cooler full of cold beer within reach and crank up the ipod.........

Shakedown Street

is there a tension adjustment?

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)