Beginners and Beyond

CQ CQ Friday Penguins (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

HI Guys (and Gals) - I'm new to this group and relatively new to running (and certainly have full blown Penguin status).  I started with c25k last May.  So far I've run a 4 mile race, a 10k, and 2 HM.  Planning on running 3 today and hopefully will drag DH out for 6 with me tomorrow.

Welcome sapf.  Congrats on the great progress and yay for another running couple.  I'll be running with DW next week when the cortisone is working.  4 miles for DW today, but its cold again and the wind brought her in early.

Looking forward to nephew and niece coming in from Iowa for Easter.  DDs too, of course.

SheCan

This is for HSM since I accidentally Damarisized her in yesterday's thread.....

{HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsM HsM-HsMHsM-HsM!}

I'd chose to be Damarisized every day if I could get little kitten hugs from this little fellow....ahhhhh, ahhhhhhh, ahhhh!!!!!!!   He's so adorable!

Scotty-- "Good luck with your race tomorrow, Cherie.  7 miles up and down a mountain!  Since I'm only doing a 5K - and I think we're on the same time zone aren't we? - I may finish before you, so I'll have a post-race beer while you're still out there and send out good cheering vibes for you."

Thank you thank you, Scotty!  I'll run a little faster knowing you're having a beer for me!  I'm gonna try to hug a kitten after the race in your honor.  

Ginny, thank you!  Enjoy your hot bath!

Bacon-- I dunno...I have done them before, but only occasionally, when I've had interrupted runs, or I had something on the schedule I wasn't up to, so I broke it down into 2 pieces.  Not sure I got the same benefit, but it didn't seem to hurt.  But then again, it wasn't a regular thing for me.  I think Awood did double while training for his marathon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Thanks for the welcome all.

My 3 miles went pretty well - though of course I got passed by a speedster and honked at by some firemen.  Pretty much par for the course.

Ginny - I'm training for the Brooklyn HM which is in 4 weeks.  (I'll be doing a 4 miler and a 10K in the interim because I'm trying to qualify for the 2015 NYC Marathon through the 9+1 program)

Jack - I'm from NJ originally but I've lived in NYC for the past 6 years.

scotty - I'm amazed that you're on race #25 for the year.  That's incredible.  I think I'd go broke if I ran that many races.

Jerry - my husband isn't too much of a runner but I drag him out there when I can.  He'll run races 10k or shorter with me and beat me with ease.  I call that the man-advantage.  Maybe one day I'll beat him :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

sapf: NYC? I've heard of it. Don't they have those things called burroughs or something? Wink which one do you live in? Good job on the three.

I just got home. Spring break, baby! Now I just have to motivate myself to get out the door and run eight.

Philliefan33

Welcome, sapf. Keep watch for posts from another Penguin, Kristen, who lives in NYC. I think she's in Brooklyn.

Good luck to the racers tomorrow. I'll be having fun hanging out with my oldest daughter. DH has to work, and my baby girl won't be home for Easter since she has finals next week.

8 miles done this afternoon. Gotta love days off work!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry - my husband isn't too much of a runner but I drag him out there when I can.  He'll run races 10k or shorter with me and beat me with ease.  I call that the man-advantage.  Maybe one day I'll beat him :-)

sapf, we are just the opposite.  DW has the young-advantage  .

Enjoy spring break Jack.  Cheers !!!

Zelanie

Hey sapf, welcome! You should run with Kristin!

GinnyinPA

Speaking of Kristin - has anybody heard from her since she left for Hawaii?

Docket_Rocket

Speaking of Kristin - has anybody heard from her since she left for Hawaii?

She has been posting amazing pics in FB.  She PRd on her HM and has been in Oahu, the Big Island and I think she was headed to Maui.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page