Beginners and Beyond

Sick and Tired (Read 352 times)

Hey, guys. Well, I went over to RW to see if the "Inappropriate Content" thing was removed from my profile yet. Apparently, even though no one reported me or my avatar, which is the same exact picture of a mermaid that I have had for over 3 years, under the new version of Pluck it is considered OFFENSIVE. Sooo--under the advice of KK and S*S, I took the old one down and found a new, fairly innocuous one. Wearing a bikini top.

Apparently this is not good enough. It is still considered to be an affront to the moral fiber of good Americans everywhere. At least, in the World According to Pluck. So S*S told me to take it down and put up a NEW new one.

Well, NO.

I am tired of being jerked around by an inferior piece of software. So I decided against it. And told them why. I'm "Waterwench" for a reason, and my avatar has been a mermaid for over three years, and will always be a mermaid, so there. Perhaps it's strange that I am digging my heels in on this one issue, but everyone has their line in the sand. MERMAIDS FOREVER!!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Here's a solution to that problem:

Don't go to RWOL Smile

runmomto3boys

That is sooooooo lame!  I'm glad you came over!!

Wandering Wally

Hi Heather!  You and your mermaid are welcome here.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

delicate flower

I for one appreciate RWOL for protecting me against such offensive and vulgar pictures.  WHERE IS THE PROTECTION ON THE RUNNINGAHEAD.COM WEBSITE?!    Never the banhammer around when you need it. 

<3

toyger

That's ridiculous! Glad you stood your ground.

Jen

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Personally I find Mermaids really offensive. My motto is to always keep things clean, and I use Disney as a baramotor for this. If something is too obscene to be featured in an antimated Disney movie, then best to steer clear. Since Disney would never corrupt society with depictions of mermaids then they must be inappropriate. Oh wait...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I agree, screw them!!!! Mermaids are magical creatures, and they can't be very magical if their boobies are covered Clown

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I like your mermaid avatar, always have. Keep it and stay here.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

We love your mermaid!  Stick around!  We even have the Crew back in action.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jenven

Right on!

Ariel Mermaid

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I agree, screw them!!!! Mermaids are magical creatures, and they can't be very magical if their boobies are covered Clown

Hermione would be sad to hear that....

Jess runs for bacon

LMFAO!!!

Waterwench, I saw you had gotten semi-banned, I asked everyone what happened but no one knew. THAT SHIT IS LAME!

I, for one, whole-heartedly accept mer-boobies in someone's avatar.  

Right on!

Ariel Mermaid

Little Blue

Wait .. what????!?!!  There are boobies, that makes them offensive?  What, do these people have a virtual magnifying glass so they can tell?  I've seen your avitar for several years, and it never occurred to me that there might be anything offensive showing.

Wow.

Canuck

That is bizarre.  Especially given the new avatars are so tiny you need a magnifying glass to make out any details anyway.  Screw them.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)