Beginners and Beyond

Up, up and awaaaay TuesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I like lean muscle. She is clearly missing muscle mass in her chest, hinds...hell the only things with any muscle are her legs. I don't mean bulky muscle, and of course she is a pup and a female so she won't look like the typical GSD one pictures in their head but I hope to have her leaned out and in great condition for trail runs 10-20 miles down the road. Rocky actually bulked up with muscle when he started running, but Heeler and Labs are quite a bit more stocky than GSD. A GSD is more towards a Dobie's build, but with more fur 

But don't you worry, I'll help her get back on track and a great running/trail buddy.... also while kicking Rocky's butt lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I would wait to start running with her until she has finished growing and her joints are done developing.  German shepherds are prone to hip and elbow displaysia.

A lot of young shepherds are leggy and a bit awkward looking.  She will naturally fill out as she gets older.  However, she definitely could use a few lbs, I don't like to see hip bones and so many ribs.  It's good to keep them lean but she looks under-nourished. Sad

workinprogress11

8 miles.