Beginners and Beyond

Finally, FRIDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.3. Pretty good run. Cooler than it has been so long sleeve tech needed today.

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Hi Fridailies. I am not sure when I posted last. Cannot even begin to tell you how busy this week has been.

My husband says taking care of an elderly person is like having a baby in the house without the toys

and cute clothes.LOL Plus lots more phone calls and  paperwork than one would have with a baby.

Brief synopsis of the workouts which I have been squeezing in at odd times of the day when I have time

Sunday - 19 miles in 3:10 - 1,900 feet of gain, great run, then drove an hour for b'day party for FIL

Sunday - off - cooked family dinner for Easter

Monday - swim in the early a.m. , 7 mile run in the pm

Tuesday - swim in the early a.m., 5 mile run directly after swim , Carrie Underwood concert @ 7:30

Wed - off - getting sick or possibly just exhaustion so taking a rest to head it off

Thursday - 6 miles, felt awful but got it done

Today - run of undetermined distance, whatever the body can stand with this fatigue 

Tuesday night my wonderful hubby stayed with Auntie so that i could have a much needed night out of dinner

and the Carrie Underwood concert with my girlfriends. We have had these tickets since November and

the concert sold out then in less than 2 hours. No way was I missing this. We saw her when she was

here in 2008 and loved her show. I  know i look like hell. I need sleep.

See you again sometime!!

Docket_Rocket

I am glad to see you, Beth.  Stay strong, superwoman!  I am glad you were able to enjoy a night out.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

basya - sounds like the weather is finally cooperating

fla - nice 6 progression...those are always interesting

april - good luck on your 10k manana

baboon - nice ride there

Kristin - 2 races? good luck

D - no internet...the horror...i'm with you on the Yankees..though they are likely to be awful this year

rick - enjoy the game, very cool...opening day is something else

fuzzy - the weather is the great unknown

SIAR - hope you're feeling better

oski - very funny

blue - have a good 15

Marjorie - nice job on the 12

justB - sounds like you enjoyed it...good for you!

10 this morning @7:30 plus 2 more easy. have a great day and weekend all!

marathon pr - 3:16

B-Plus

Good morning!

BruceD555

Wow, a late check in for me today and with 3 pages already there's no chance for personals right now. I have 8 miles planned for this evening .. probably just a nice easy pace - though that's been known to change. Have a good day all!

Train smart ... race smarter.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Was going to do hills yesterday, but forgot my knee brace, so ended up going home to get it, then just went to run in the park close to my house.  Ended up being a pleasant little outing of 3.1 miles around the park trails in the very nice 75 degree sunshine.  Also saw several of my doggie pals and gave them treats.   Today is a rest day as I have a 5K event on both Saturday and Sunday.

Good luck with the 5 after work, Gustav!

Congrats on the 6, flarunner.  What's a progression run?  Wow, terminology sure has changed since I was actually 'seriously' training and racing, lol.  Guess I'm OLD now... Joking

Happy rest day, Jeep!

Good luck with the 10K tomorrow, April!  Enjoy your nicer weather.

Way to go on 8.2, Dave.

Wow, Phil, you're up to 30 miles already?  That is some darn rehab progress!

Good luck with whatever activity you choose, Oski!  Coifed and beautiful?  You look just fine to me in your avatar.  Wink

Happy rest day, lilac, hope the knee quits being cranky!

Kristin, what races are you doing again, this weekend?  Wishing you all the luck and that the ITB behaves itself!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So you are going to taper right up to Boston, Fuzzy?  Good luck with taper madness!

Glad the shoes are working for you, LRB.  And Go Tigers!  I can't stand the Yankees. Egotistical buncha... Wink

Man, that stinks SIAR, sorry to hear you were ill.  Hope you are recovering well.

lol, MTB.  Maybe he's letting it grow a bit to get the 'rugged' look.  Joking

Hope your long run went well for you, outoftheblue.

Good luck with your miles, Zelanie, hope the hip continues to behave!  If not...I'll spank it for you!  Wink

Damaris, sorry to hear you are coughing, etc. (saw that on the Penguin thread)   A friend/co-worker of mine is going to visit Puerto Rico in a couple of months.  Any suggestions/recommendations on things to see, etc?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My day at work started by realizing, too late, that I was in a stall with no toilet paper.  

It can only go up from there.

Well, then, you just have to bite the bullet and flush...and then flush again...and then dip-and-flush, dip-and-flush, dip-and-flush....ewwwwww....  Joking

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You are the queen of double-digit running, Marjorie!  Congrats on your miles.

Beth if that is your  'look like hell' look, then I definitely want to see you when you look great, cuz that must be absolutely fantastic! Big grin  Nice of your DH to do that for you!  Glad you can still get your miles and workouts in, with all you have going on.  Hope it is helping you deal with the stress you must be under at times.

Congrats on your miles, Ric!

Good luck with the 8, Bruce!

Have a great weekend, B-Plus!

I am hoping to leave work a bit early today.  I have been coming in at around 5:30 - 6 a.m. every morning.  My co-worker - the only other researcher besides me - had a small stroke on Monday.  Luckily she got to the hospital fast and so is doing well now, but is going to be hospitalized for a while for testing, etc.   I wish her all the best, she really is a great person.   Of course, the work goes on, so I am doing some of her projects, as well as mine.  Makes for a long day sometimes!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

scotty I have a 5K in Brooklyn Bridge Park and a 4M for Colon Cancer awareness in Central Park. I hope to race the 5K and have fun with the 4M, but I may end up reversing that depending on what pace I can maintain for the first mile of the 5K. Flying by the seat of my pants, making decisions as I go!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

aw thanks Scotty.  I try really hard on the double digits.  I like them.

Marjorie

delicate flower

FYI, today's eaten cupcake count:  Me - 2.  You - 0.

<3

FYI, today's eaten cupcake count:  Me - 2.  You - 0.

Maybe, but I just had a delicious Fiber One bar, so there.

Actually I am hooked on those things, but try to avoid eating them too close before a run, in case it achieves its intended effect.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Lots of recommendations.  Is there a way for her to email me (via FB maybe)?  I need to see what her plans are and then I can give her some ideas.

So you are going to taper right up to Boston, Fuzzy?  Good luck with taper madness!

Glad the shoes are working for you, LRB.  And Go Tigers!  I can't stand the Yankees. Egotistical buncha... Wink

Man, that stinks SIAR, sorry to hear you were ill.  Hope you are recovering well.

lol, MTB.  Maybe he's letting it grow a bit to get the 'rugged' look.  Joking

Hope your long run went well for you, outoftheblue.

Good luck with your miles, Zelanie, hope the hip continues to behave!  If not...I'll spank it for you!  Wink

Damaris, sorry to hear you are coughing, etc. (saw that on the Penguin thread)   A friend/co-worker of mine is going to visit Puerto Rico in a couple of months.  Any suggestions/recommendations on things to see, etc?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page