Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Ready for the Cup (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Postponed the RD as it was too nice not to run and rain on the way.  78f, 58dp.  5 slow miles.  We were tired from yesterday's intervals.  24 mile week.  Now for some baseball.  Why do Cubs and Sox have to play at the same time?

SheCan

Cherie - enjoy your rest day.  I always enjoy starting the day with a cup of coffee outside, but rarely do it unless I'm camping.  Our patio faces due west, and has no shade, so we spend very little time out there, though it's nice in the morning.

AFM:  It will probably be a rest day for me.  I'm hoping to take Ben to the woods or the park in a while, someplace shady anyhow.  Hot and humid here, but it's supposed to cool off in a couple of days.

Ginny-- We only have shade during the mornings, so it's nice to get myself out there.  Hope you find a nice trail to bring Ben on, and don't get too hot or eaten by bugs in the humidity.

Jerry-- good for you for getting those miles in when the weather permits.  In the summer time, that seems to be the best strategy.  Enjoy the baseball games!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday afternoon. Went and watched some friend's of our little boy play baseball. He made all star and it was a Championship game. He's only 5, but wow those kids really get into the game, so much fun to watch.

Going to grab 4 miles here in a little bit then I have to work night shift tonight and will be off tomorrow.

Did my LR yesterday of 7 miles. Kept a very even pace throughout the run as well which I was pretty happy about.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Well the knee was still angry at me for running too far on it yesterday, and it let me know right around the 2 mile mark on the TM today.  I hopped off and did 30 more minutes on the elliptical so at least I still had the same amount of time exercising as I had planned.

So I'm finishing this week with the same number of miles as I had last week.  But the knee feels worse than last week.  I guess that means I should take tomorrow as a RD, then I can see on Tuesday whether it's a temporary setback or if I do need to lay off a bit.

On the bright side, I have already run more miles this month than I ran in all of May.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, Jerry, I don't wear a cup anymore...at my age, what's the point? Joking

Got up this morning at 6:30 a.m. and went to the park for an easy 3-mile run after my 5K yesterday.  Weather was not so cooperative as yesterday, VERY humid (90 percent), dewpoint over 70, temp already 72 degrees at that time in the morning.  Also, lots of standing water around the park still, so the mosquitoes were out in force.  Thankfully, I remembered to bring my bug spray, so I did not have any problems, but I saw other runners out there 'swatting' as they went along.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

I'm done for the All Stars.  I cannot believe I ran that much and felt the same as last week when I ran 34 miles.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Damaris, WTG. curious what your tally was.  probly huge.

ZEL, hopefully a rest day is all the knee needs.

rest day for me. My right hip flexor is a little angry  Gonna do some shin exercises tonight . I'm paranoid about shin splints coming back and keep pressing on my shins. I think I feel pain but it could be just that I'm pressing too much on my shinsBig grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

I put it in our FB group....

Keep in mind I didn't run as much as I wanted because I have that little race next week, ha.

Damaris, WTG. curious what your tally was.  probly huge.

ZEL, hopefully a rest day is all the knee needs.

rest day for me. My right hip flexor is a little angry  Gonna do some shin exercises tonight . I'm paranoid about shin splints coming back and keep pressing on my shins. I think I feel pain but it could be just that I'm pressing too much on my shinsBig grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Woohoo. Nice number damaris!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!

Damaris

Fundraising Page