Beginners and Beyond

Mondailyzzzzz (Read 44 times)

onemile

Glad to see Gracie is up and about! You had something dry needled right? Idk if that would help...I hate needles

Yeah, it might help if it's a tight muscle/knot - it's supposed to release trigger points and sort of 'reset' the muscle so it functions better.  It wouldn't help for something like a calf tear, but if yours isn't happening for a few miles it wouldn't be a tear.

I am not a fan of needles but I just looked away. It isn't very painful, just very weird feeling.

LRB

I filled out the app to be a pacer at Lakefront but haven't heard anything back

That's pretty cool. For the sake of your target group, hopefully you get in!

LRB

I ran 3 miles. My training has gone to poo. I was sick with the flu for a week, missed a couple long runs, and then got a good 14 miler in and two days later out of nowhere my calf started bothering me  I took 5 days off running and ran 3 today and my calf is still seizing up a couple miles in.

Damn.

KCRuns

Cubbies got snowed out today, rescheduled for tomorrow. I don’t think my boss was too happy, but he let me work from home today and take tomorrow off instead. It’s still a rest day today, not sure now what my plan tomorrow will be, maybe a few easy miles early in the morning before we head out.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core. I really need to figure out what I did to piss off the running gods. The weather for Sunday looks pretty lousy. I'm trying to figure out what the back up plan is, cause I hate the idea of wasting the training to try to fight 20-30 mph winds.

Runshortii, hope your feeling better. Any changes with shoes?

GinnyinPA

Upper body weights and core. I really need to figure out what I did to piss off the running gods. The weather for Sunday looks pretty lousy. I'm trying to figure out what the back up plan is, cause I hate the idea of wasting the training to try to fight 20-30 mph winds.

You could come to Gettysburg on April 22nd and run the half there. The hills aren't bad. 528' ascent/descent. It's a low key race, but well run with beer after. This is the first year they are combining the half and the full so it will be a bit larger than usual, but still a small race.

Or go to Delaware on the 29th.

Half Crazy K 2.0

You could come to Gettysburg on April 22nd and run the half there. The hills aren't bad. 528' ascent/descent. It's a low key race, but well run with beer after. This is the first year they are combining the half and the full so it will be a bit larger than usual, but still a small race.

Or go to Delaware on the 29th.

The back ups I have in mind are Salisbury on 4/28 or the Seashore Classic half in DE on 5/12.