Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Want To Know - What's Up With That Grumpy Cat? (Read 44 times)

SheCan

I was grumpy because I was having a grumpy morning. But I got some great news so I am feeling better! The real reason for my personal day yesterday was I had a job interview. And....I was just offered the position!

Woooohooo!!!!!!!!  Congratulations, Kristin!  That's wonderful!

Zelanie-- That sunset run sounds fun!  IIRC, you guys get great sunsets out there, don't you?

Yup, yup, often we do, so hopefully I won't be disappointed! 

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Just received notice the 25k is back on...  5 - 5k laps!!

Buelligan

I had a difficult 8 miles on the riverwalk yesterday.   My left foot is on the verge of getting PF, I was nursing a blister on the my right foot, and my nipples got rubbed raw.

I can't wait to get out there today!

Dad on the run.

Greetings my fellow waddlers, went and checked out a gym today, thinking about joining. Had me a pretty nice workout while I was there and they have some really nice amenities. Child care, basketball court, raquet ball court, swimming pool, indoor track (no thank you), boxing ring, tons of body weight equipment as well as your normal run of the mill weight machines and cardio stuff. its $50 sign on, 20 a month for 12 months or 25 a month no contract.

Also have some news to share! So my boss ask me today if I wanted to move out to our Service Point area, same hourly rate but my hours would be 7am - 3:30pm ALL THE TIME!!!! No more swing shifts!!! However, this has a down side because I get 10% differention for mids and 15% for nights. So a month of nights is like an xtra 350 bucks. But my wife is about to be getting a pretty nice raise which should compensate and I'm a work to live kind of guy and working straight days would be a dream come true as far as being with my family goes, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to take it...

Now to more sad moments... my wife dropped her Samsung Note 2 = Screen broke. Luckily it didn't damage the LCD and I'm a tech geek anyways so pretty sure I can replace the glass but now she has a crack Note 2 and I have a cracked S3, sad days we live in people, sad days.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

yay jblackjr! Glad we both got great job news!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Snickers1230

Awesome!  I don't know how people work different shifts all the time.  I have a hard enough time functioning during the week if I don't get enough sleep on the weekend!  Lol

Sorry about the cracked/shattered screens.  I had done that to my phone and my husband was able to replace the glass.  But the speaker wasn't lined up quite right so the glass wasn't fully flush with the phone.  The very next time I dropped it, it shattered again, but this time I had to get a new phone.  You can definitely replace the glass, just make sure everything lines up! Smile

Greetings my fellow waddlers, went and checked out a gym today, thinking about joining. Had me a pretty nice workout while I was there and they have some really nice amenities. Child care, basketball court, raquet ball court, swimming pool, indoor track (no thank you), boxing ring, tons of body weight equipment as well as your normal run of the mill weight machines and cardio stuff. its $50 sign on, 20 a month for 12 months or 25 a month no contract.

Also have some news to share! So my boss ask me today if I wanted to move out to our Service Point area, same hourly rate but my hours would be 7am - 3:30pm ALL THE TIME!!!! No more swing shifts!!! However, this has a down side because I get 10% differention for mids and 15% for nights. So a month of nights is like an xtra 350 bucks. But my wife is about to be getting a pretty nice raise which should compensate and I'm a work to live kind of guy and working straight days would be a dream come true as far as being with my family goes, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to take it...

Now to more sad moments... my wife dropped her Samsung Note 2 = Screen broke. Luckily it didn't damage the LCD and I'm a tech geek anyways so pretty sure I can replace the glass but now she has a crack Note 2 and I have a cracked S3, sad days we live in people, sad days.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Sloooow.

I had a difficult 8 miles on the riverwalk yesterday.   My left foot is on the verge of getting PF, I was nursing a blister on the my right foot, and my nipples got rubbed raw.

I can't wait to get out there today!

I have a feeling you posted in the wrong spot, but I'm sorry about your foot and nipples!

Bin Running

Coralie, I'm on vacation at Taiwan.

Scotty, the bunny is a feature of RA log where you put in your projected yearly miles. The bunny tell you where you should be. Check out my logs.

Kristin, congrats!

Jimmy, congrats too but sorry for the phone couple.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Kristin and Jimmy.  More money and better hours, great news.

Vance - will you do the race anyway, if it's just doing 3 mile loops?

Scotty:  you do have nice runs.  Like how you always manage to find a beer.

Cherie - enjoy the sunset run.  I really miss Arizona sunsets.  They're a lot rarer here in the east.

My run on the TM went well.  My leg started out a bit wonky, but I started slowly and was able to do 5.5.  I'm still not sure whether the problem is my sfx or a tight hamstring, but I'll be careful for the next few days not to overdo.

Buelligan - bummer of a run.  Sorry.