Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl Sundailies (Read 33 times)

Coastal

Bluerun:  Nice!

HC:  Sounds like really tough conditions.  Glad you finished safe.

Got out on the road for 6.8 miles.  The predicted cloudy and dry turned out to be thick misty rain.  Cross Country coach drove by, slowed down, and got me to volunteer at the marathon relay he runs to raise money for the program.  I've done it every year and in the past it's been a good time.

Congrats bluerun, and FTS HCK.

Good day for me today. 12 miles; first 9 very smooth and steady at what used to be my normal easy pace (i.e. much faster than it's been lately); last 3 about 30 sec faster. Longest run since 11/11, fastest average pace since 12/3. My running has been shit for quite a while now, so that's not saying much, but still. And even felt pretty motivated to go out. Still feeling a pinch in my hamstring, but hopefully it will stay under control. The test will be trying any speed on it. Mainly glad for the positive indications, because marathon training starts tomorrow.

49 for the week.

Dave

Runshortii

I have 5 to do as soon as I get out of here in 30 minutes. Probably on the TM. I also have no interest in the super bowl this year, but I do have interest in food and drinking and my super bowl pool numbers

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, congrats on the OA placement!

Odd, looks like my Garmin decided to crap out around mile 10. My map only goes to 9.92 and I definitely did not cross the river. Guess the accelerometer kicked in for the rest of the race. Anyone else have issues on trails with the 220? This is the second time mine has freaked out on trails.

GinnyinPA

HC - do you have the auto-pause on?  With my first Garmin, I found that if I did and was running in heavy trees or rocks it would lose signal and assume I had stopped. It sometimes took a while before it would turn on again.

Bluerun - congratulations. Nice race.

I did 18 in Gettysburg. It was supposed to be 20, but it snowed the entire time I was out. That was fine when i was in the country and could run in the tracks of the cars that passed, but not so good in town where I was running in 2-3 inches of soft snow and dodging snowplows and lots of slow traffic.

Half Crazy K 2.0

HC - do you have the auto-pause on?  With my first Garmin, I found that if I did and was running in heavy trees or rocks it would lose signal and assume I had stopped. It sometimes took a while before it would turn on again.

No, I turn autopause off for races.

Docket_Rocket

14 with 5 @ 10mm on the TM and finished as the Super Bowl was starting.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

"Solo" trailer!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

"Solo" trailer!!

Damn it, I missed it (googling it now)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

"Solo" trailer!!

The commercials have pretty much otherwise sucked. Good game though!

Dave

RunningOnSand

Damn it, I missed it (googling it now)

Googled and watched it. Can't wait!

Time for the Tom Brady Show.

MTA: looks like the show got cancelled.

MTA2: nevermind, it's back on the air. And, cancelled again.

Congrats Eagles.

Dave

LRB

Time for the Tom Brady Show.

MTA: looks like the show got cancelled.

MTA2: nevermind, it's back on the air. And, cancelled again.

Congrats Eagles.

It almost looked like they didn't know what to do there for a split second.