Beginners and Beyond

1 Mile Race Report: Third Time's the Charm! (Read 123 times)

B-Plus

You are becoming one fast mofo. When you say season, do you mean you're doing a mile season? This is something I'm contemplating for next year if I can find enough races.

LRB

You are becoming one fast mofo. When you say season, do you mean you're doing a mile season? This is something I'm contemplating for next year if I can find enough races.

No, I mean the year as a whole.  I am uncertain if there is a mile series around these parts, but if there were, I would be down by law for that bad boy!

I should have asked around Thursday about that but the next time I am in the shoe shop I will.

B-Plus

I see. I think I can squeeze in a 6-7 week speed segment in between 5k/10k and marathon seasons. The problem is finding the races. We do have a biweekly mile series, but I don't think there is enough competition around my level to pull me to fast times. I guess I'll just have to show up and get things started.

LRB

I guess I'll just have to show up and get things started.

That's what I did a couple times and the result was several people afterwards mentioning that would show up to race them next year, so we shall see.

There is one next month and there will likely be about a dozen kids, two grand pas, and a couple of new moms pushing strollers.  I am just hoping for one or two regular runners so I don't look completely ridiculous at the start line!

B-Plus

That's what I did a couple times and the result was several people afterwards mentioning that would show up to race them next year, so we shall see.

There is one next month and there will likely be about a dozen kids, two grand pas, and a couple of new moms pushing strollers.  I am just hoping for one or two regular runners so I don't look completely ridiculous at the start line!

Including you? Big grin

LRB

Including you? Big grin

Ha-ha, I am atypical for sure!

Just B.S.

That is awesome! Fantastic race and well   earned  placement!!  You da man LRB!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats!  Did they have beer post-race? You earned at least two!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt