Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies: Run, you'll get there faster. (Read 37 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Did 8x400s this morning under the full moon on a dark track, it was awesome!  Probably could have run them faster, but I just wanted to get some turnover going and wake my legs up a bit.  Real training starts next week, Pfitz 18/70 plan for my Oct marathon (yes, I'm actually going to do the whole plan this time! lol).

Two races this weekend, 10k in the morning, 5k in the evening, it'll be hot for both, but fun.  10k is for a good cause and the 5k is at a local brewery.  It's a Beer-BBQ series, one each month for the summer at different breweries, they're all on Sat evenings, with bands, etc..

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

onemile

2pm and all the street lights are on. Crazy storms coming through. Not sure a run tonight will happen.

We are supposed to get it tomorrow.

LRB

I usually get what you get. Hopefully I don't get it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

And that's probably what we're gonna get Thursday. Storms actually got out of here, so I can run.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 total. 1 mile in the middle with 1 minute hard, 1 minute recovery (aka 6 x close to 200). Trying to decide if I want to do a 5k Saturday, so the Onemile workout. Started to thunder again towards the end, so got the heck home, although it looks like it is staying just south

delicate flower

4 easy, slow, tired, and sore miles.

<3

Cyberic

7.6 easy

Cyberic

Hey D2, I see you have a sub 3 marathon in your signature goals. Are you going for it in October, or is that more of a long term goal?

onemile

5.5 total. 1 mile in the middle with 1 minute hard, 1 minute recovery (aka 6 x close to 200). Trying to decide if I want to do a 5k Saturday, so the Onemile workout. 

onemile

I ran 7.

oh and yoga.  Happy International Yoga day!

I ran 7.

oh and yoga.  Happy International Yoga day!

Namaste.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Ended up running 5 with hubby outside, since it was raining.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I'm alive. My daughter graduated from high school last week and we had a ton of family in town, then I got buried in work for my school year finishing because I had taken some time off for her graduation. But life is good, and now it's summer!

I'm still working this summer, because we've got college to pay for, but it should definitely be more low-key. I'm kicking that off with 3 days of super boring math training this week. I may need you folks to entertain me tomorrow.

I got out of my running groove with all of the fun, but this week I am back at it. Went to the track tonight and ran a little baby workout. But it's fun to change things up a bit. I haven'tbeen to the track since my injury, so it was fun.