Beginners and Beyond

Superstitious Friday The 13th Penguins (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We ran 3 indoors.  Forgot that Friday mornings is when a lot of people with disabilties are there.  Also, a few faster runners that we watch out for them so they can stay in the running lane.  And just for fun, they were sweeping the track.  At least the time went by quickly.

That did sound like a Scotty comment.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, some good news from this morning, the doc does not think my 'tingling feet" condition is diabetes - but she is going to run a couple tests to verify that; she thinks it's more something minor I probably did to a nerve in my foot.  If the diabetes test comes back negative, then I will have a follow-up with a podiatrist.    Also, after she took my blood pressure, she jokingly asked "Do you have a Dorian Gray-like painting of yourself in a closet somewhere getting older while you don't age? Because your heart rate is more like a 30-year old than a 61-year old."   BP of 123 over 80, heart rate of 49...thank you running!   So now I just have all my lab work to do for cholesterol, trigylcerides, PSA, kidney function, etc., etc., and my hip and spinal MRI to check my arthritis and. degenerative disk disease progression, if any.   That last one, the MRI,  is the one I really hate because it takes so darn long.   By the time they roll me out of the tube, they also have to roll me OFF the table because my back stiffens up from laying there so long.  But all-in-all, considering everything I've been through over the years, the doc says I am in pretty good health. Nice!

I don't want you to get an in accident ANY day, Damaris.  Unless, of course, it's you running into me while we are both running.

Hope the tape works for you, HsM!  What are you using this tape for?

I dunno, sapf, didn't that elite lady up in Alaska - I can't remember her name off-hand...Paula something? - train on a mill all season and then come off it and go somewhere and set some kind of record in a race she did?  I recall reading about it a few years back.   So you just never know...you might really surprise yourself at your half.

lol.  Well, the nice thing, Jack, is my doc is a lady with slender fingers....and it doesn't hurt that she's easy on the eyes too.    She has been my Primary Care Physician (PCP) for about 5 years now and I really like her, she 'gets' we runners, lol.  The thing about the military medical system is that when you get assigned a PCP, if that person is military you may have them only for a few years before they get reassigned.  However, the doc I have now is a 'federal contract' doctor and her husband is some big-wig exec  for a local company, so they will probably be sticking around for a long while, thank goodness.  So that will be nice, because there is a really good doctor-patient relationship between us.   Sorry about the ankle, Jack, hope that resolves quickly!  Maybe you can just "Long John Silver' your running for a few days and hop the miles on one leg.   Dang, how long would THAT take for 18 miles? 

Steak tonite for V-Day?  But, Jerry, tomorrow is V-Day!  Are you sure you're looking at this year's calendar? 

Tracilynn, how did the evaluation go?

FIFTEEN WITH FEELS LIKE ZERO!!!   I got one word for you, Ginny:  MOVE!   You live near Baboon?  You two seem to get the craziest winter weather!   Note to self:  FE with Ginny and Baboon in summer only!   Dang, sorry about your DH's concussion..just how darn big IS that dog?  Well, the good news is that right when he fell, he put ice on it right away.... 

You know, Brilliant...San Antonio is on the way to Mexico City.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I am off shortly to pick up mine and Gail's packet for our 5K tomorrow.   After that, it is back home, shower and change, get our house-sitter all settled,  and then we are off to the South Texas seaside for our anniversary, so I will probably be off the forum for a bit starting tomorrow.  Race report and photos of my 5K tomorrow to be posted when I get back.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

That did sound like a Scotty comment.

Clearly he's rubbing off on me!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

sapf- I am in a phase where I'm really enjoying TM running, and like the others say, if it's good enough for happylily, then it's more than good enough for me.  I like not having to worry about time, or weather, or being too far from home, or even how far to run.  I run farther because I don't have to decide at the halfway point that I'm half done.  I probably did 1/4 of my marathon training on the TM, but that was the first half of the plan.