Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES of Sun (Read 28 times)

LRB

Mentally, I actually feel like running for a change. Now let's see if my body wants to go along for the ride....

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 10 miles.  My knee is achy so I need to do the PT exercises before the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning! I ran. 14 with a negative split in the cold rain. Glad that's done. Need coffee now.

<3

onemile

I ran 16

LRB

I ran 6. It was a pretty decent jog.

I'm heading to Jimmy John's Field for a minor league baseball game. There's a pregame BBQ that I'm invited to which might prove interesting....

Runshortii

I slogged through 5 recovery miles. My legs started feeling good the last mile, go figure.

I slogged through 5 recovery miles. My legs started feeling good the last mile, go figure.

That's why they're called recovery miles!

Dave

Could not sleep for shit last night. Up several times, at 3:30 I was just up. Had breakfast & coffee, watched sports highlights, watched Meet the Press. Then took about a 90 min nap till 9:15. Then went out and ran. By which point it was already low 70s with DP >60. Thankfully only 4 miles. Tomorrow's gonna suck. Could be worse - next weekend would have been a marathon, if I had decided to go for one last shot at BQ for 2018.

50 miles for the week.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

30 trainer miles + 6.3 AlterG miles... I was planning on five of those but my ankles are crumbling and I have two races tomorrow and I'm worried about them, so instead I ran more.  #logic

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket_Rocket

Ran my 10 with a bad stomach and an achy knee.  But it was done.

Only 35 miles for this week.  First real speedwork on Wednesday; we'll see how much better the knee really is.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

AlterG 

Super stupid question here (but consider the source), but do you own one of these things?  Because they cost like a million dollars.  And it seems like they are tough to get access to one for training.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Super stupid question here (but consider the source), but do you own one of these things?  Because they cost like a million dollars.  And it seems like they are tough to get access to one for training.

They don't cost a million dollars... I know this because yes, I do own one, and I've never come close to being a millionaire.  (Once my PT clinic started charging for using it, it seemed more cost-efficient to buy my own, even though it was ridiculously expensive.  I spent about the same amount of money on it as I did on my masters degree.  I've often rued the latter, but never the former.)

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

They don't cost a million dollars... I know this because yes, I do own one, and I've never come close to being a millionaire.  (Once my PT clinic started charging for using it, it seemed more cost-efficient to buy my own, even though it was ridiculously expensive.  I spent about the same amount of money on it as I did on my masters degree.  I've often rued the latter, but never the former.)

Did the insurance ever cover any?  I don't remember.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Did the insurance ever cover any?  I don't remember.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  No, they did not.  But I did get a tax rebate because I got a prescription for it from my osteo doc.  (And then I got audited.  But that's another story.)

chasing the impossible