Beginners and Beyond

What I dislike about Wednesday (Read 48 times)

Docket_Rocket

Don't knock it till you try it, just sayin'.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I have a case of the hiccups.  FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Don't knock it till you try it, just sayin'.

I ran a half marathon in that.  It took me a week to defrost.  You can keep your cold weather races!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran a half marathon in that.  It took me a week to defrost.  You can keep your cold weather races!!

LOL

onemile

Mine is a point to point race which means a bus ride and disruption to my normal routine. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be able to run this year.

Mine is point to point also but Mr. Onemile is driving me to the start.

LRB

Mine is point to point also but Mr. Onemile is driving me to the start.

Now that's how you do logistics!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Absolutely not. I would be perfectly fine with a 30 degree start and finish temp for a marathon. There aren't many people who would agree with that nonsense. lol

30-35 degrees for me. 30 degrees without too much wind would be perfect for a marathon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This occasional MT did some work on me, my right Adductor was definitely tight and full of knots and she worked my butt pretty good too. Stretched my hips as well, I feel a little better but I am sure I will be sore tomorrow. My next massage with my regular MT is next Saturday, I miss her.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'll pass on the 30s and 40s. I prefer temps in the 55-65 range.  I've run good races at both colder and warmer temps, but I prefer not risking hypothermia and frostbite as much as I do heat exhaustion and dehydration.

The current forecast for NC 24 is a high of 77 with 100% change of precipitation on Saturday with overnight lows around 51.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I'll pass on the 30s and 40s. I prefer temps in the 55-65 range.  I've run good races at both colder and warmer temps, but I prefer not risking hypothermia and frostbite as much as I do heat exhaustion and dehydration.

The current forecast for NC 24 is a high of 77 with 100% change of precipitation on Saturday with overnight lows around 51.

Pack all the shoes and all the socks.

Docket_Rocket

Pack all of Damaris' shoes and all the socks.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Pack all the shoes and all the socks.

In sealed plastic bags.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.