Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins (Read 22 times)

hog4life

Another 12 hour work day for me. Running is still on the fence with my Achilles, maybe I can manage 5-10 per week until better.

Hi Cheri

Docket_Rocket

Good morning weekend Penguins!

Jill, Sad   Hope your lungs feel better soon.

Jerry-- Brrrrr, and I'm glad it did warm up over 20*!   Hope you have another "warm" one today.  And, you'll be a fabulous captain.

Ginny, you're so impressive.  Do you have any training races between now and the marathon?

Jack, knowing you, and you zoomed up that hill.  We wanna see pics of you in that festivus sweater!

Docket-- man, that sounds really cool for down there.  If your'e like me, you freeze as soon as the temps are under 50*.  Makes it easier to get those miles though.   Glad hubby is getting those miles with you.  Enjoy your sitdown!

Hi everyone else!

Did 9 pokey miles on Friday-- which was the longest I've ran in eons.  4-1/2 hill miles yesterday which felt much easier than Friday?  Weirdly, every time I start my "long run" then I start fading earlier then on my normal days.  I'm thinking it might be psychological.  Today, enjoying a run day off.  I think hubby has some shopping plans for us.

Me? Freezing in 50F?  Haha, that's my favorite temps.

I ran 4.5 miles today.  Cut it short due to the asthma being bad and the 20-30mph wind gusts are wrecking my lungs.  Oh, well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page