Beginners and Beyond

Happy MLK Mondailies! (Read 73 times)

CrisRuns

Hey, LRB. I just finished reading all of the posts, lots of great runs and workouts! Well done.

AprilRunner, great four-miler. I live two miles from my local Trader Joe's. It's...dangerousSmile

SIAR, I do hill repeats on one of my two weekly recovery runs. I don't find that hills negate anything. Nice run today, BTW.

Angela, what kind of class did you take?

Baboon, nice workout. May your knee keep getting better.

Damaris, I'm glad that this week's shot went well.

Scott, enjoy the different machine.

scrape, great job with the easy ten. I hope that your back feels better.

Zelanie, I'm glad that you enjoyed your first run in the new shoes.

wcrunner2, what's a GA run?

Dave, I understand. Unless I'm on the TM, my body cannot slow to my recovery pace of 11:40.

CrisRuns, great job with the 4.2.

I'm on my way to the gym for 4.0 miles of hill repeats.

I see some good winter running game point opportunities. "Feels like" -11F and it's snowing.  But DAY-UM! I don't think I can bring myself to do it. Talk about cold. I'm no Canadian......

Edit: Scheduled to do 6 miles easy with some hill sprints. I'll update later with what I actually did.. and where I did them. Wink

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

wcrunner2, what's a GA run?

GA = General Aerobic

At the effort I was running I wouldn't call it easy but it's still within the range that McMillan would give for easy runs. It wasn't fast enough or hard enough to qualify as a steady state or tempo run.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

CrisRuns

Thank you, Basya! Have a good hill repeats workout!

Better I Leave

I was debating whether or not it is wise to run as I've got a tight hamstring and a twinge in my hip, but as long as it doesn't get worse, I'm gonna do some treadmill work tonight. I really wanna push myself, but I'm afraid to now cuz I've got my upcoming half in 13 days.

B-Plus

SIAR - I don't know what the cut off point (mileage or time-wise) for a recovery run is, but if your point is recovery then I don't think you should feel much more fatigued at the end of the run compared to the start. Back when I was Pfitzing, I usually cut things off at about 5 miles or 45 minutes when he called for a recovery run. I just go out at a relaxing pace, try not to speed up too much, and enjoy a super easy run.

happylily

Rest day for me. We're flying home tomorrow. Back in the cold. :-( I'm so proud of my SO, he ran a great one mile, a very difficult first 10k and also his first HM, all in three days! Me? I won $100. Which is about the price of two pieces of chewing gum, here in Bermuda. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Woohoo!  I cannot wait to read ALL about it!

Rest day for me. We're flying home tomorrow. Back in the cold. :-( I'm so proud of my SO, he ran a great one mile, a very difficult first 10k and also his first HM, all in three days! Me? I won $100. Which is about the price of two pieces of chewing gum, here in Bermuda. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

Sounds great. I hope for way more details. And lots of pictures of course.

notimeforthat

I wasn't nearly as amused.

Doofus, the flu shot doesn't cause back pain. Man up.

Tell Catty hello Cool

Chairman

Doofus, the flu shot doesn't cause back pain. Man up.

Tell Catty hello Cool

It says it can cause muscle aches. Those sure felt like mid-back muscle aches.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

notimeforthat

It says it can cause muscle aches. Those sure felt like mid-back muscle aches.

Typically only at the site it was injected, but some folks might feel some achiness I suppose. That usually happens with the live vaccine (nasal mist), not the injectable which is a killed virus.

Lily, enjoy your rest day and have a safe flight home. Congratulations to SO on three amazing races!

4.0 miles at 5.2mph (11:31) done. The first four minutes were at a 1.0 incline. The next eighteen minutes were at a 7.0 incline. I finished the remainder of the 4.0 miles at a 1.0 incline.

Now, abs, dinner, and sleep.

Chairman

Typically only at the site it was injected, but some folks might feel some achiness I suppose. That usually happens with the live vaccine (nasal mist), not the injectable which is a killed virus.

Well, it's gone now, so it had to be the vaccine.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey