Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins Welcome Spring - or not (Read 22 times)

Docket_Rocket

Yes, we have one.  I just had not checked it in quite a while and when I had to go to th dentist recently they found it very high.  Checking it is now a twice daily habit.  That scared me.

Good thing to do.  Apparently, my reading this morning was off.  I am back to normal (with the pill) and feeling great today.

I think I'm going to take an RD after all.  Still cleaning out my closets and I have too much laundry from the Paris trip and normal stuff to do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Brilliant - where is the fire?  I hope you can avoid the smoke.

Jack- nice run.  Hard decision.

D - I'm surprised that you have BP issues with as much exercise as you get.  OTOH, you have a very high stress job.  And, as you said, heredity has a big role.  I'm glad the headache is gone.  Good luck on your evening run.

Jerry - hope the recovery run went well.

Mitch - you definitely need to go out west.  There are so many spectacular places to see.  Enjoy your recovery miles.

Z - what is your goal for the week?  I'm sure you reached it.  You are a very disciplined runner.

I ran 8.5.  It was a pretty run, but felt much harder than it should have.  My leg was hurting the whole way, which didn't help.  I keep hoping for a miracle to fix my hamstrings, and so far it's not happening.  I have really low miles this week, which may help.

It does not matter how much stress or diet you do, apparently genetics is the one that controls this disease.  nice run!  Sorry about the leg hurting.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Ginny, the fire is several miles from us, so we were never in any danger, but it just created a lot of smoke overnight!  But I ran 4.7 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; I think it's blowing away now.

Sorry about your hammies. Sad Does run/walk help?

Zelanie

Z - what is your goal for the week?  I'm sure you reached it.  You are a very disciplined runner.

You know me too well.  My goal was 50, so I ran until I had 51 today.   6.6 total.

Sometimes when I take a cutback week, the first week I feel much worse than I did when I was running more.  Healing things hurts too.  Hang in there!

Brilliant

You know me too well.  My goal was 50, so I ran until I had 51 today.   6.6 total.

Oh I don't know anybody else who does that.   {ran 4.7 to get to exactly 40 for the week}

hog4life

I have 35.5 for the week and I don't care about the .5, haha. I did run 7 today, and slept at a Holiday Inn Express earlier in the month.

Rest day for me today and tomorrow. Spent the day quilting with no distractions. Heaven.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K