Beginners and Beyond

Stuck in a loop MonDAILIES (Read 59 times)

LRB

...He is THE nicest guy I've ever met too.

Aren't all men, in the beginning?  Moo hoo hahahaha!  Moo hoo hahahaha!

Evil

runmomto3boys

Aren't all men, in the beginning?  Moo hoo hahahaha!  Moo hoo hahahaha!

Evil

LRB!!!!!  Big grin

Zelanie

Back from my very first 13.1 mile run!  I used the day off to get my LR done for the week since I have a 5K next weekend.  The run went well!  I was struggling a bit at the end of last week, but that was the reminder I needed to take it easy, especially in the early miles.  Ended up with a 9:53 overall pace, with the last mile the fastest, but just by a bit.  It was my 6th day in a row of running, and I'm used to only doing 3, so it will be a well-earned RD tomorrow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hi, Dailies!

I'll read a bit more later. Just finished driving home from Jacksonville, so I'm trying to do 12 things at once. Anyway, I intend to get a run in this afternoon, nothing too massive, but I need to loosen up and the weather is pretty decent for running (other than a brisk wind, but it's warm enough that it won't bother me too much).

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

Back from my very first 13.1 mile run!  I used the day off to get my LR done for the week since I have a 5K next weekend.  The run went well!  I was struggling a bit at the end of last week, but that was the reminder I needed to take it easy, especially in the early miles.  Ended up with a 9:53 overall pace, with the last mile the fastest, but just by a bit.  It was my 6th day in a row of running, and I'm used to only doing 3, so it will be a well-earned RD tomorrow!

That's huge!  What a great run, fast finish, and a heck of a week overall!!!  Woot!

LRB

Hi, Dailies!

I'll read a bit more later. Just finished driving home from Jacksonville, so I'm trying to do 12 things at once. Anyway, I intend to get a run in this afternoon, nothing too massive, but I need to loosen up and the weather is pretty decent for running (other than a brisk wind, but it's warm enough that it won't bother me too much).

I may have missed it, but what did your brother in law have up his sleeve for a random surprise/outing this time?

Nice running Zel!

DCDan78

Way to go, Zel!  Great run!

Scotty - I actually live in Falls Church, work in DC though.

Got my three miles done on the TM.  Bored and really wanted to shut it down after 2, but fortunately pushed through.

Dad on the run.

Ok, so I might as well jump in on these dailies too... I already post in the Penguins so some of you will obviously know me from there for the rest of you though HI!

Name is Jimmy, married to the Love of my Life who also enjoys getting out and running as well, although I can't seem to get here on here and post :/. We have a beautiful little girl (3 years old) and our two boys... (both boxer's one is 2 years old the other is 8 months, they also run with us)

I began running May of last year. I haven't done as many races as I would have liked but hopefully I can squeeze more in this year.

Aug 18th - 1st race was JarrodFest 5k - 30:55 but it was only like 2.8 miles though, not a full 5k

Sept 8th - 2nd race was Monkey C Monkey Run 5k - 34:13

Oct 20th - 3rd race was Liz Hurley 5k - 29:39

March 30th - 4th Race will be Rump Shaker 5k - Goal is sub 28:30

Ran a practice 5k this morning before work and finished 28:54. I'm really hoping that buy March 30th I can not only beat my Goal but perhaps run sub 28 Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Great job, Z!

you've certainly earned the rest day.

Running for TJ because he can't.

flarunner

I need to find a new route. I'm bored of my  normal "run around the neighborhood until I get my miles in" routine. Maybe I'll do an out-and-back somewhere.

Google Earth is your friend.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That's really great stuff! You definitely have earned a day off.

RMT3b...glad somebody got through to you about not running everything fast Smile

I ran another 6 easy miles tonight, making 12.46 for the day. Enjoy your evenings everyone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

I thought we've been saying this all along. Joking  You'll love having a coach.  You'll start doing things you've never even though of, like resting, or taking it easy.  Ask me how I know.... Big grin

Recovery run tonight.  My coach, who I haven't even hired yet (using him in May, for Fall races), is SO freaking incredible!  He e-mailed me just to ask about last week's runs / paces and gave me some great advice/feedback: we went back and forth a bunch this morning.  How awesome is that????  Anyway, the long and short of it is I need to make sure I'm recovering enough and that means not running > 50% of my miles at medium/hard effort and I'm not doing that.  I will be slowing everything down this week.  Pfitz has this week as a recovery week anyway, it seems: two general aerobic runs, 3 recovery runs, 1 MLR and 1 LR.  By the way, if any of you guys are interested in a coach, I highly, highly recommend him.  He is THE nicest guy I've ever met too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I may have missed it, but what did your brother in law have up his sleeve for a random surprise/outing this time?

Nice running Zel!

turned out to be no biggie - he, my nephew, the grand nephew, and I all took a ride to the Mayport ferry and crossed the St. John's river there. Then, we took his car to my nephew's place of employment and swapped out the battery since his was about dead.

It was an enjoyable morning, as it turned out. I just never quite know what Bro in Law is planning, because he often doesn't converse with others until it's time to do it!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Welcome to the dark side....buhahahahahaha!

Ok, so I might as well jump in on these dailies too... I already post in the Penguins so some of you will obviously know me from there for the rest of you though HI!

Name is Jimmy, married to the Love of my Life who also enjoys getting out and running as well, although I can't seem to get here on here and post :/. We have a beautiful little girl (3 years old) and our two boys... (both boxer's one is 2 years old the other is 8 months, they also run with us)

I began running May of last year. I haven't done as many races as I would have liked but hopefully I can squeeze more in this year.

Aug 18th - 1st race was JarrodFest 5k - 30:55 but it was only like 2.8 miles though, not a full 5k

Sept 8th - 2nd race was Monkey C Monkey Run 5k - 34:13

Oct 20th - 3rd race was Liz Hurley 5k - 29:39

March 30th - 4th Race will be Rump Shaker 5k - Goal is sub 28:30

Ran a practice 5k this morning before work and finished 28:54. I'm really hoping that buy March 30th I can not only beat my Goal but perhaps run sub 28 Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

To paraphrase a line from Rick to Shane from The Walking Dead ... "We've got to start using our knives on walkers..."

Well, I managed to get in my easy recovery run at work but there were two women walking on the treadmills just chatting away when I went down this afternoon to work out. I figured they couldn't take that long so I did some core work and then resorted to spinning for about 20 minutes. I got done on the bike, stretched a bit and then stood behind them since I saw one of them was on the "cool down" mode on the TM.

She ended her walk and then proceeded to just stand on the TM (now turned off) and stretch her legs while continuing to chat with her friend. I'm a patient guy but I couldn't take it anymore so I told her that she should stretch somewhere else so I could run.  Arrrghh.

Needless to say I ran my recovery too fast ... set the dumb TM for 45 minutes and ended up with 5.26 miles (according to the machine, since I forgot my Garmin at home) Pesky walkers...

Train smart ... race smarter.