Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES of Saturday (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

I don't know if I should register for the half I had in mind, May 21st, $49 (CDN, of course). There is another one on April 23rd for $70 (same currency). Both are supposed to be fast courses (pretty flat). Transportation is easier for me to the April half-marathon, but it wouldn't be too hard to get to the May race either. The main difference is that the chance of warm weather on May 21st is much greater than on April 23rd.

What to do, what to do?

LRB

I don't know if I should register for the half I had in mind, May 21st, $49 (CDN, of course). There is another one on April 23rd for $70 (same currency). Both are supposed to be fast courses (pretty flat). Transportation is easier for me to the April half-marathon, but it wouldn't be too hard to get to the May race either. The main difference is that the chance of warm weather on May 21st is much greater than on April 23rd.

What to do, what to do?

I would burn the hell up in May.

Docket_Rocket

I would burn the hell up in May.

Word.  Or down here, from January to December.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

What to do, what to do?

Run both. You've got plenty of time to recover between, and one is likely to have good weather.

Cyberic

Run both. You've got plenty of time to recover between, and one is likely to have good weather.

I've thought about that, but not my style. I'm more of an all in kinda guy. Plus, I want to race shorter distances also.

You do bring one more point in favor of running the one in April, though. If something goes wrong (weather, flu, ...) there is still time to find another one.

Think I've made my decision. If I don't change it until tomorrow, I'll register for the April race.