Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Presents: Headlines Second Edition (Read 45 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I did finish my workout because.  I feel fine now.  But I hate missing my pace because my lungs decide to quit.

I had some wheezing issues when I raced last Saturday morning. Not quite debilitating, but it was definitely noticeable. My airway seemed very slightly asthmatic. Not enough to worry about but I will be watching for symptoms.

I haven't had an asthma reaction since I visited my sister several years ago. She had 3 cats and she and her hubby were heating the house with wood - a little smoke and a lot of dander created some pretty nasty breathing issues for me.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

FYP.

I have never had that problem with my 210, but have had it go completely blank on me a couple times. The hard reset (where you lose all your data) always worked, although it could take a few tries to get the reset to take. It actually hurts your fingers to keep holding down those buttons. And that clip connector in general is something else, don't get me started about how long it can take for the computer to recognize it when trying to upload data. I actually haven't even bothered in quite a while now, with my recent running schedule it's just as easy to enter manually into RA. Not too interested in my splits these days.

Should we move this to the "First World Problems" thread?

Oh I've done the hard reset many times in the past.

LRB. No melt down, yet.

no one has replied on Garmin. They've looked at it 11 times, but no replies. Dh said I should just buy a new one......

Marjorie

Jess runs for bacon

Oh I've done the hard reset many times in the past.

LRB. No melt down, yet.

no one has replied on Garmin. They've looked at it 11 times, but no replies. Dh said I should just buy a new one......

I second the hubs.

LRB

Dh said he will just buy a new one, since he is the one that broke it. 

FYP.

B-Plus

LRB/SIAR - Closed loop at the park is my favourite place for tempos/tempo intervals. It's flat, I don't have to worry about traffic/cyclists, and I don't need to drive there. I can also go to the bush, whereas I have to hold it in until my workout is over at the track.

SIAR - I know there are articles out there - maybe on Running Times or RWOL. Perhaps you can even find something in one of the letsrun threads where the coach chimed in. In the meantime, here's a start. This blog post briefly mentions 2 workouts in a day during a 2-4 week special block, and also has the training schedules of Abel Kirui and Moses Mosop.

6 x 1 mile @ HMP w/ 1/4 mile recoveries; 11.25 miles total

6:35

6:34

6:32

6:29

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks B.  That looks like a cool read and I'll check it out tomorrow.  Nice running with the miles - not easy with 1/4 recoveries.  I wish I had a closed park loop like what you were talking about.  #jealous

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hello all 6 pages of you!

*Deep breath*

Rick - LOL, especially at the poison reminder and A-Rod.  Very nice pace.

D - hope the intervals went well.  I had to google all that about Westlaw, congrats!

Sarah - delicious, glad you made dinner for the dailies ;p

Oski - uh oh, recognized as a frequent customer at PT

Basya - coffee can always be stronger

Baboon - out of rum?

Hobbit - meetings, ack

Kristin - hope the rain run went well

Burrrn - meaty marathon miles, lol

Step - there are a few good sized bucks around here as well, they will probably vanish into thin air this fall...

Scotty - every day is lefties' day.  Filet mignon?  Doh, I settled for cheerios.

Marjorie - hi

Lilac - good 3 in the rain

jjs - Si is also very good about not biting or clawing hard enough to draw blood. Sometimes I'll attack him with a feather duster, and he will try to kill that with extreme prejudice.

Ric-G - meetings as well, dreadful

Zelanie - yeah, time to start getting ready for fall and winter

D^2 - that is humid

SIAR - excellent repeats.  You are really a beast, sub 2:45 next time?

Meaghan - great 1000's, sorry to hear about the fire mess

DaveP - damn technology

B-Plus - Iten, Ohio, lol

Tom - boo to allergies

11.5 today on the gradual rolling hills between East Aurora and Orchard Park, a route I seldom do but should run more often.  6:50 pace aided by cool and cloudy autumn-like conditions.

Zelanie

Marjorie- I had an issue with my Garmin last month and emailed customer service.  They got back to me within a day, on Saturday even.

Good butt kicking runs by some of the speed demons today!  Glad we had the stretchers handy!

I just had my nice little 6 miler this evening.  After I get my LR to 10 miles, then I start at least trying tempo miles again I think.  Soon!