Beginners and Beyond

2016 Goals, bring it!! (Read 99 times)

Zelanie

I don't have any idea what my 2017 will look like, running or otherwise. Sad

Glad you're here and congrats on the new job.  My sister actually had a similar foot issue, I think.  She spent forever this year not getting better, missing work for weeks even, until she finally went to a sports podiatrist who diagnosed the nerve issue instead of the general "inflammation" she was hearing before that.  But she was able to get some sort of shot to numb the nerve while they work out a more permanent cure, and that was instant relief.  I hope you are able to find an answer soon!

music_girl117

Glad you're here and congrats on the new job.  My sister actually had a similar foot issue, I think.  She spent forever this year not getting better, missing work for weeks even, until she finally went to a sports podiatrist who diagnosed the nerve issue instead of the general "inflammation" she was hearing before that.  But she was able to get some sort of shot to numb the nerve while they work out a more permanent cure, and that was instant relief.  I hope you are able to find an answer soon!

Thanks Zel!  Doc said everything I've said in answer to his questions still seems in line with neuroma.  I'm still thinking but pretty sure I'll opt for surgery.  It sounds a little scary but boy am I ready to put this stupid thing behind me.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh god....came back here and saw this thread and thought I might have posted it in it.  So:

I thought the same thing. Checked and heaved a sigh of relief that I hadn't posted any goals so I won't have to admit to not reaching them.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

Go big or go home!

First 100 miler

Sub-18 5k

Sub-1:25 half

Sub-3 marathon

Yes, I want it all, speed and endurance. 

Here we go, the ugly truth:

Done - 24:11 for my first 100

Nope, I'll try again for '17, won two 5Ks overall tho, so I guess I can't complain too much

Nope, again, back on the list for '17

Nope...yet, again, back on the list for '17, did get a new PR, 3:02:10+

To be honest tho, I did not focus on speed at all last year, I have started doing regular speed work, and focusing more on strength and getting lean. I think 2017 is going to be a breakthrough year for me.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Go big or go home!

First 100 miler

Sub-18 5k

Sub-3 marathon

Nope, I'll try again for '17, won two 5Ks overall tho, so I guess I can't complain too much

To be honest tho, I did not focus on speed at all last year, I have started doing regular speed work, and focusing more on strength and getting lean. I think 2017 is going to be a breakthrough year for me.

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Go big or go home!

First 100 miler

Sub-18 5k

Sub-3 marathon

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Apparently I was very excited about not reaching most of my goals LOL And now I can't delete them.

-Dave

My running blog

LRB

Apparently I was very excited about not reaching most of my goals LOL And now I can't delete them.

Hilarious. I was like, he means business!