Beginners and Beyond

Up And At 'em Saturday Penguins! (Read 185 times)

Zelanie

Dave continues to make his home planet proud, although even he rested a bit for his 10K today.

Awood rocked a rest streak the same way that he rocked his running streak.  And we got to meet the future Mrs. Awood.

And Scotty ran 3 5Ks in 10 hours.

Mmmmm...beer

Sounds about right. Smile

Welcome back Liz!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hey!

I ran 3.24 miles this morning and then headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for birthday cupcakes and sledding. Boy, I don't remember sledding being such a huge workout! The kids decided they would rather play in the snow, so the grown-ups did most of the sledding. It was fun! Smile

Welcome back, Liz, glad to see you're still getting those miles in! Smile

tracilynn

MNM, I sent you a pm yesterday but you didnt get it or maybe I didnt do it correctly.  i just sent you another pm with the paypal email.  Did you get it?

Hey!

I ran 3.24 miles this morning and then headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for birthday cupcakes and sledding. Boy, I don't remember sledding being such a huge workout! The kids decided they would rather play in the snow, so the grown-ups did most of the sledding. It was fun! Smile

Welcome back, Liz, glad to see you're still getting those miles in! Smile

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

HAHAHAHAHA

LOL!!!!!!n  I haz the serious hate for internet on the phone but I have my computer back now so all is right in the world.

I'm guessing that in the week or so I've been gone, Dave is now running 28 miles/day in about 2 hrs and Awood is on day 119 of a running streak.  And continued losing weight through the holidays.  And Scotty completed about 10 5k's.  Am I close?

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Liz, that was cracking me up, and yes you were close. Life without computers seems tough, but it's doable, just would take a large adjustment period.

Zel, thanks. I am doing close to the same, except I have a neck gaiter I use when it's gets cold or very windy. I will wear a LS tech along with a SS tech, and that does good to 30.  One day it was like 36 with feels like 24 and I added a fleece jacket, unzip as needed. Gloves are a must below 45 or so. Tonight I started with the 2 tech shirts and the fleece jacket, after a mile, the jacket was tied around my waist. The rain had stopped, but it drizzled the whole time.

I ended up doing 11.33 for a weekly total of 38.46. I'm thinking my HM next month is going to go much better than the last two did.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Liz, that was cracking me up, and yes you were close. Life without computers seems tough, but it's doable, just would take a large adjustment period.

Zel, thanks. I am doing close to the same, except I have a neck gaiter I use when it's gets cold or very windy. I will wear a LS tech along with a SS tech, and that does good to 30.  One day it was like 36 with feels like 24 and I added a fleece jacket, unzip as needed. Gloves are a must below 45 or so. Tonight I started with the 2 tech shirts and the fleece jacket, after a mile, the jacket was tied around my waist. The rain had stopped, but it drizzled the whole time.

I ended up doing 11.33 for a weekly total of 38.46. I'm thinking my HM next month is going to go much better than the last two did.

Balaklava's are also good for cold weather.   You can adjust them several different ways, as you heat up.  And it can also be used as a really cheap Halloween mask.

Zelanie

On my last run, it was so cold all morning that I wore my cold gear shirt, and then the sun came out and it ended up in the 40's.  I  stopped by home to drop off my hoodie and the Garmin accidentally uploaded my run data, which had been paused.  So no coldgear over 40 for me!

Oh, and the robots this year apparently throw frisbees and climb pyramids.

tracilynn

I prefer baklava Evil

Balaklava's are also good for cold weather.   You can adjust them several different ways, as you heat up.  And it can also be used as a really cheap Halloween mask.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Zel, haha, that's weird. How in the world did it upload the data? I thought it had to be plugged into the computer to do that.

Jerry, thanks for the tip. I'm familiar with them, just not sure I could wear one. I've worn a stocking cap, and also tried a fleece w/thinsulate, and my head sweat so bad it was miserable. I want to get an ear warmer band to wear over my regular ball cap. I'm bald, so I always have to wear something.

Zelanie

The Garmin connects wirelessly to a USB stick in the back of my computer.  Usually a helpful feature, this time not so much.  So my stop at home is forever immortalized in my running log now, hehe.