Beginners and Beyond

Back to business TUESdailies (Read 57 times)

@runjerseygirl

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

I can't take much more of the April Fool's jokes.  Like this one.  About gave me a heart attack.  Thank god that's over.

Back to business.  3 miles for  me today.

But first...

Do you even run?

LRB

Supp!

The title today is apropos as my first event of the year is in the books and now it's back to training.

Got a tough, tough workout on tap and one that I did not want to do, but I said to myself before logging on that I need to get back to work.  Ha-ha, how is that for like thinking!

It's cold as a mofo out there though with a wind chill of 16 degrees.  I'm gonna need some caffeine for this, yeesh!

flarunner

Mornin' Chillins!

I think that's technically colder than a mofo.

Did 6 easy miles this morning. It was kinda warm and muggy.

Have a great day and great workout everyone!

Good morning!

The temp is creeping upward with sun 45 today and up to 67 by Saturday!!

Im feeling like I can run tonight, the knee feels pretty good. Ill go for an easy 2-3 after work.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 11 miles tonight.

Trixie came downstairs this morning on her own (she has not been downstairs since before the hospital) to eat wet food.  She is down to 14.4 pounds and she needs to lose two more.  Progress.

KayPS, I also heard Game of Thrones was replacing Tirion and I hope it was an April's Fool joke too.  Enjoy your run.

LRB, hope your mofo workout goes well.

flarunner, nice 6.  Ugh.  We're in mid 80s this week (but with the hope of a "cool" front of 79F at the end.  I hate it already.

Sparker, I was going to comment last night about your knee.  Glad to hear is on the mend.  Be careful!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

It's cold as a mofo out there though with a wind chill of 16 degrees.  I'm gonna need some caffeine for this, yeesh!

Well I already washed & put away my winter gear for the season. Doesn't the weather know that? So I'm gonna take you up on the caffeine but pass on the 16 degree windchill thanks. Treadmill at lunchtime for me, probably 6.

Kay, that article would have been better if they said Downey was being replaced by Michael Cera or something. Hamm is too believable. If it was RWOL, the article would be that Downey was going to actually get one of those glowy disc thingies surgically implanted in his chest, because he thought it was cool.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  I hit the elliptical for an hour and did some upper body after work yesterday.  Man, I was I tired last night.  I was ready to crawl into bed around 7:30, though I managed to hold off until 9:00.  Today will be my first full "self PT" session.  I hope I remember everything!  I'll probably do some spinning today too.

Have a good Tuesday, runners!

<3

Morning everyone.

5.4 at recovery pace for me and now off to work.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Morning Dailies!

Yesterday was my SRD followed up with karaoke in Hellertown. Today is an easy ole' 5 miles!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

StepbyStep-SH

Back to running for me after 4 days off. 6-7 miles on the TM before my strength class. I would like to put in a few 5k pace segments to wake my legs up for a 5-mile race this weekend, but I'll see how they feel.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

BruceD555

Hrrrmph ... wind chill of 18 here this morning. I did an early recovery 4 on the TM @ work and will add another 6 recovery miles this evening when the sun is shining.

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 3-4 recovery miles at lunch... on the ole treadmill since we're supposed to have 20+ mph winds. I just don't feel like dealing with that today.

This made me think of SIAR, since my cat pictures make him sneeze:

BruceD555

KayPS- That's a girlie-sized cup of coffee ... I'll take my java in a mug please.

LRB- I hear ya' ... it's tough to get motivated to hit a tough workout when you hear the wind howling and you don't even want to get out of bed to get to the coffee.

flarunner- I'm not sure I understand this "muggy" thing you speak of. I definitely don't know anything about warm. Nice work on the 6 early miles this morning.

Sparker1606- Hope your knee is feeling good tonight for your run.

Docket_Rocket- Have a good 11 miles tonight.

DaveP MI- Winter knows no bounds, nor does it follow anyones rules. I'm not putting away the winter gear until I have to mow the lawn.

Baboon- I hear ya' on the tiredness. I must have caught some bug last week because I've been dragging for about 3-4 days and just don't feel all that great.

Fuzzy- Getting in those early miles is a great way to start off the work day. Have a good one!

Gustav1- Good thing it was a SRD - you wouldn't want to have an embarrassing injury from karaoke-ing too much after a tough workout. Wink Enjoy those easy 5 miles later on today.

StepbyStep-SH- Take it easy on this first day back and don't push it too much on those 6-7 miles, even if the legs feel great.

AprilRunner- Wind BITES! My Saturday run was 17 miles in 15-20 mph winds. Not fun ... not fun at all.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Man that was an incredibly tough workout!  I found it hard to get the legs to turnover the entire time, and never really hit my target pace (6:42) with any consistency.

The three times I was able to run at it, some ding a ling would come rolling through an intersection looking left, looking left, looking left, looking left never once stopping or looking right where I was approaching from, which forced me to slow down drastically or stop altogether.  Fuck.

I just decided to do my best for the intervals, and live to see another day.

5 X 1200's w/3:00 recoveries

6:59 (pace)

6:58

6:48

6:48

7:05

That last one I had nothing left and didn't even care anymore lol!  I am glad though that I hung in there and made the best of a very demanding workout.