Beginners and Beyond

Bombers lawyer... (Read 63 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Um yeah... good luck with a different outcome.

I have to admit, I am not a lawyer (surprise surprise...) and I have limited understanding of the justification for certain lawyer(ly) decisions and actions.

But really, wtf is the point of this.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

To add:

I have to admit I come down rather harshly and on the black and white side of rulings.

RSX

I said all along this trial should have been in Western MA which is 2 hours away. This trial was a cash cow for the first defense team as the state footed the bill. The only change may be life in prison.

Um yeah... good luck with a different outcome.

Yeah, this. I'm no lawyer either, but this just pisses me off to no end. I want to say go ahead, see how many times you can be sentenced to death. But the last thing that needs to happen is for this to be dragged on. They force witnesses & victims to testify, and relive the experience? And spend how much more taxpayer dollars?

I am generally one who does try to avoid "black & white" view of things, and try to find the nuance in a lot of issues. But I look at this one, and just think WTF is wrong with people.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Unfortunately in legal matters and trials common sense seems to be a missing ingredient. Virtually every point the defense lawyers make applies to all sections of the country to one extent or another due to mass news media and social media. The judges reviewing this ought to throw it out without comment and fine the lawyers for filing a frivolous action.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

That is one of the few typical grounds for appeal he has so I am not surprised.  One of the most sought grounds for appeal after murder trials is the appeal for the ineffective assistance of counsel (sometimes deserved when the accused has a public defender) and, in his case, an argument that he didn't have a fair trial.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page