Beginners and Beyond

After 8 hours and 69miles of cramping I still managed to get a floating pic (Read 122 times)

sirdizzy

Because that is just how I roll (on the way to the finish line I am already in the finish shoot and giving high fives Smile )

monkkey

What is that a bottle of?

Just B.S.

That looks like a "low five" to me but great pic Diz.

sirdizzy

Its a slushee dr pepper my friend left for me at aid station 12 Smile  Let me tell you it was yummy I drank it while sitting on the park bench watching my son run through the splash pad after the race.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

69 miles?

Randy

sirdizzy

The race was a half ironman and I cut my feet up before the race and cramped from the swim on.  So the only time I wasn't cramping was during the 1.2 mile swim of the 70.3 mile race.

69 miles?

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

AH, ok.  I was thinking you were trying to pull a Katrina or something....LOL.

i can't even stands hot spots so, ya, cut up feet would pretty much suck.

Randy

sirdizzy

Yea I am triathlete I don't think I'll ever be an ultra runner.  1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and a 13.1 run is a lot more fun then just running 50 miles.  I actually have my sights set for lake Tahoe in 2015 for my first full ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run).

paulski66

miscreant

Don't all tri-participants get "floater" pics?

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

scissorbill

Looking good!  Congratulations

sirdizzy

Yea if they can catch you in the lake haha

Don't all tri-participants get "floater" pics?