Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguin'alies (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going" - Jim Ryun

PADRunner

Group practice tonight for me.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tuesdays is usually Hill Day but after mowing my lawn after work yesterday evening and then doing my neighbor's lawn too, I think today will just be a Clairol Day (nice-and-easy ).  Probably go do some soft-dirt natural trails at a local park and enjoy the beautiful San Antonio weather today - sunny and 81 degrees. My kinda weather!  The local forecast for my area this week....sweet!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

March 24 is National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day

Image result for chocolate covered raisins penguin

That is one penguin's opinion; personally, I actually like chocolate covered raisins; if you don't, then how about some Penguin mints:

It is also American Diabetes Association Alert Day and World Tuberculosis Day

Pointing Penguin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all - assuming that I can breathe and my allergies aren't too bad today the plan is for 5 miles.  I'm hoping for the best here - I felt like my lungs were burning yesterday just walking outside.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, I made it through my yesterday, but I'm dragging a little today.  Too bad, because I have a lot of stuff to do at work!  Hopefully I'll be packing a bit tonight -- we leave on Thursday for competition in Winston-Salem.

PAD -- have fun with the group!!

Scotty -- have a good Clairol day!!

sapf -- hoping for a good 5 miles for you, with no lung burning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

PAD - I hope your group run goes well.  How far will you run?

Scotty - have fun on the trail this afternoon.  I'm glad it's going to cool off for you mid-week.  It's too early to be in the 80's (unless you live in Miami;-)

D - good luck with your 8.  Are you doing a RR for PR?

sapf - I hope the allergy meds help you today.  Good luck with the 5.

HopesMom - do you have your voice back?  I hope you feel completely well by Thursday.

AFM:  I'm supposed to do 5 later.  It's gray and cold with a dusting of fresh snow, so I'm not in a hurry.

From the Internet.

Yesterday: 4.75 miles on the TM immediately followed by squats 3x5 at 115lbs plus warmup sets, overhead press 3x5 at 50 lbs with one warmup set at 45. Today: 7.1 miles with 3x1 mile ~10k pace, 8:07, 8:04, 7:58. My legs are TIIIIIIRED! Going to spend the rest of the day ESU and rolling my legs. I keep a golf ball at my desk and bring my travel Stick back and forth from home, my colleagues no longer question my weird runner rituals :P

Zelanie

Morning!  Track tonight- 6 x 800s.  Hopefully much less stormy tonight than it was last night.

Ginny- I'm glad you've found a strategy that's working for you.  And being tired after 15 miles is probably just because 15 miles is a long way to run. Smile  Especially the day after a MP run!

PAD- Enjoy the group workout.

Scotty- Have a good "clairol" workout!   You can send the chocolate covered raisins up here, but keep your tuberculosis, thanks.

Sapf- Hope that the lungs feel OK for a run.

HsM- Maybe a busy day won't give you time to think about being tired.

D- Have a good run!

Docket_Rocket

PAD - I hope your group run goes well.  How far will you run?

Scotty - have fun on the trail this afternoon.  I'm glad it's going to cool off for you mid-week.  It's too early to be in the 80's (unless you live in Miami;-)

D - good luck with your 8.  Are you doing a RR for PR?

sapf - I hope the allergy meds help you today.  Good luck with the 5.

HopesMom - do you have your voice back?  I hope you feel completely well by Thursday.

AFM:  I'm supposed to do 5 later.  It's gray and cold with a dusting of fresh snow, so I'm not in a hurry.

Not really.  I don't consider it a race worth saying much.  We ran, we saw a girl cut the course (I sent it to the RD but not sure if she will get DQd), and we finished at around 3:03.  He is not as fast as he was last year but he is not even sore and running higher mileage for him, so I call that a win.  That's all in the RR, LOL.  I might post a picture later!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looks like we will be inside today.  Hoping for 5.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Track was so empty, we ended up with 6.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I'm logging a second rest day to give the antibiotics a little more time to kick in on the ear infection.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

I'm logging a second rest day to give the antibiotics a little more time to kick in on the ear infection.

I hope you're feeling better soon.  Ear infections are miserable.