Beginners and Beyond

Social Thursday Penguins (Read 20 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

What a cutie!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

sapf - enjoy your run this evening.  Only 3 miles with a group isn't really worthwhile, unless you are going to run with good friends or plan to pad it again.  Easier to just do your own thing.

Z - that was some serious w/u and c/d miles yesterday.  I'll do 2 miles w/u, but I don't think I've ever done more than a mile c/d.  Have fun at tonight's group run.  Same group?

Brilliant - I hope you have a good eight.  Good luck at the vet. What kind of dog do you have?  I hope they are able to give something to help with the breathing.

HM - enjoy your long weekend.

Scotty - last night's run sounds like fun. 

AFM:  short run later today, only four or five miles, which is too bad as it's supposed to be much cooler.  I am pretty loose about following plans especially when I'm early in the program.  Add a mile here or there, no big deal.  Later on I probably won't be as willing to do extra.

It was...and I loved hanging out with the ladies .

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Mitch- Hope you figure it out.  Zoe's been munching at a spot on her back lately, but we're going to cross our fingers and hope that it is just the hot weather plus all of that river swimming and not something that requires a food change.

GinnyinPA

Mitch - Skin problems with dogs can be hard to figure out sometimes.  Good luck.

Z - have you tried putting Listerine on the spot where Zoe is chewing?  We learned about that when Ben had a couple of hot spots soon after we got him. Kills the bacteria and tastes bad so he stopped chewing on the spot.

Brilliant - adorable dog.

I ended up running in the rain this afternoon.  I waited just a bit too long, since the forecast this morning didn't call for rain until tonight.  I looked at Accuweather when I was ready to go out and it said it was 78 and raining.  I looked outside, no rain, though it was overcast, so I decided to take the chance.  It worked out.  The first 40 minutes I only felt scattered drops, not enough to get wet, and then the last mile and a half was just a light rain.  I got about as wet as I usually do from sweat, only it was nice and cool.  The temperature made a difference in my pace.  Average for 5.6 was 9:43, better than MP.

Zelanie

Brilliant- So cute!

Ginny- I hadn't heard of Listerine, we will try that if she gets another spot.  We've used Bag Balm, which seems to help a bit.