Beginners and Beyond

Thursday, March 4th Dailies (Read 21 times)

Found the box score for this game:  https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199203040DET.html

(eta:  34 rebounds for Rodman, with 18 offensive.  Insane.)

LOL awesome. Typical Rodman, along with 4-15 from the floor, including a likely ill-advised 3-point attempt. 

Real blast from the past with some of those names.

Dave

sdWhiskers

At the indoor track where I go (went, actually), the direction changes every half hour!

It is a pretty bad system: most of the new people don't understand, the time on the clocks are not in sync, so some people use a given clock for reference, and some use another, some (like me) like to finish our interval before switching...

Omg this sounds really awful

delicate flower

I have 5 miles to run later that will surely be an achy shuffle.

Done, and it actually went pretty well.  I should have figured with the way my run/bike training has been going.  Morning run/afternoon run is always harder than morning bike/afternoon run.

<3

GinnyinPA

Cold and windy here. I ran in town so I could get some protection from the wind. I ran 7.3.

sdWhiskers

Windy here too. Ran/walked another 2 miles with DS. He keeps getting side stitches...not sure how to fix it besides telling him we need to Run More!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles. So windy. One of those weird days where it felt ok when the wind wasn't blowing, but cold when it kicked up.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Windy here too. Ran/walked another 2 miles with DS. He keeps getting side stitches...not sure how to fix it besides telling him we need to Run More!

I had the same problem and couldn't solve it either. He eventually just stopped having them. Maybe outgrew them?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Docket_Rocket

Windy here too but I managed 4 of my 7 outside. It felt good to be outside again. Breathing without the shot has improved!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I still get SS sometimes. Used to get them all the time when I was a kid. Nowadays, I can get them after a sustained effort. Not systematic, but it happens.. And if I run soon after a meal I get them all the time.

The best thing I found against them is to control my breathing. Shallow breathing will lead to SS more than deep breathing in my case. YMMV.

GinnyinPA

When I started running I would get side stitches when I ran too fast, especially downhill. I also got them after eating or drinking anything. Some gels still cause side stitches.

Following on what cyberic said, pucker lips and blow when exhaling so the exhale is longer than the inhale....

sdWhiskers

Seems like side stitches are like hiccups...everyone has some weird way to get rid of them! For me, it's been a focus on belly breathing (watch your belly go out when you inhale). We've been waiting awhile after eating, going super easy through my flat neighborhood, walking some...and still SS. I don't want it to deter him from running with me but I also know it sucks.