Beginners and Beyond

National Anthem Penguin Tuesday (Read 25 times)

Brilliant

Onemile and LRB made some good suggestions in the dailies thread!

Those workouts in the dailies look brutal. I can look up the Pfitz HM workouts when I get home.

Wow, those workouts really do look hard.  I thought I was doing well to add MP tempo runs to my routine. Smile

Ginny, my dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so he's pretty small; my husband has always referred to him as "coyote bait."  In our previous house I used to stand guard in the doorway when he went out at night but I didn't worry about him in the daytime; he could frolic freely in our fenced yard.  Apparently in this house I'll have to worry all the time. Sad  Coyotes have gotten worse around here in the last few years because of the California drought, I've heard.  It makes them more desperate and bold.

Traci, I'm really sorry you are going through this hard time with your running.  (we don't have a group hug emoticon here otherwise I'd use it!)

tracilynn

Here's a super fun workout from the Ryan hall HMP

2 miles at 10k pace 5 min recovery

2x1 mile at 5k pace 3 min recovery

2x 800s at slightly faster than 5k pace 3 min recov

I did this one 2 weeks ago and was able to do it but had to walk after my last recovery instead of slow jog.

~~~~~~~

Traci

on my way to badass

Traci- I hope you feel better soon.  That looks like one tough program.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

First PT visit tonight for ITBS. The strength exercises I found on "Strength Running" were right on the mark and I have felt a lot of improvement already. PT'ist just about killed me with an "Astym" treatment....NNYYYOUCH!! Supposed to breakdown the unhealthy soft tissue due to ITBS. Holy Moly...had to practice my childbirth breathing! I'm on the calendar into the next two weeks, but hopefully won't need much more. She said I came in on the front end of the injury.

Scotty, you are in rare form lately and keep me laughing .

I so enjoy hearing how everyone's day is going. The good, bad, and ugly. This igloo is a nice place to hang out in.

Jerry - The cave races I ran are in the KC area. The Groundhog Run is in Kansas City, and the Jingle Bell run in Lexexa, KS. Pretty cool venues. It was sorta weird at first - I was a little freaked out thinking I'd be clastophic, but nah. It just a small town with a limestone roof instead of a sky.

My puny little intervals in my HM plan started at 4 x 400's and increase every other week. I run on the track right next to my district office. After a warm-up, I run fast - so very fast - once around, then sorta suck air, walk/jog a lap and then repeat. My plan tells me to run at 5K pace, so I'm just a blur at a 10 minute pace. Next week I bump it up to 8 reps. I'm tired already.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

hog4life

Well now I got to go look at the dailies for the interval workouts. I too was going to mention the one Traci did. There is another "race-sim" workout, more tempo though, but it's a good one. Do 6 miles easy, then 3 miles at HM plus 10-15 seconds.  Then, every other week you add a mile to the HM pace, stopping at 6, which is 12 miles+ for the total workout.

5.2 with Bella tonight.

GinnyinPA

Jack - great news.

Traci - sorry you're not feel all that great.  Could you be coming down with something? Food or sleep changes?