Beginners and Beyond

The top 100 candies of all time (Read 86 times)

TxDiverMom

91 for me as well!  Here's the one's I've not had.

My daughter's college roommate's family makes Chick-o-Sticks, Slow Pokes, Black Cows, and Peanut Butter Bars.  It's Atkinson Candy out of Lufkin, Tx.

I've had 91.  HA!

Abba-Zabba

Big Hunk

Boston Baked Beans

Charleston Chew

Cow Tales

Pocky

Swedish Fish

Zotz

No wonder I've got a mouth full of fillings.

happylily

You guys always have a way of making me feel like a dork.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Never!

LRB

Oh yeah?  Well there were probably another 100 candies that were not listed so double dork.  lol

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Circus Peanuts were, and still are, awesome.

Fuck yeah!!!!

How have I never had a Marathon bar??

LRB

There were a series of commercials from the mid-seventies with Patrick Wayne, son of John starring as Marathon John.  (link)

You would eat it faster than most of us. Wink

Dave

You Rang?

99! (being a former fat guy has it's advantages lol)  I've never even heard of Abba Zabba, that's the only one I've never eaten.

Abba Zabba is a vanilla taffy bar with a peanut butter center.  They are made in Northern California and are available in every 7-11 here in SoCal.  I don't like chocolate, so the fun sized Abba Zabba bars was the only thing in the Halloween candy bowl that had any allure (ok I ate them all),  PM me your postal address and I'll mail you one.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Mmmmm...beer

Abba Zabba is a vanilla taffy bar with a peanut butter center.  They are made in Northern California and are available in every 7-11 here in SoCal.  I don't like chocolate, so the fun sized Abba Zabba bars was the only thing in the Halloween candy bowl that had any allure (ok I ate them all),  PM me your postal address and I'll mail you one.

That's what I get for growing up in NY, sounds great!  You have a PM kind sir. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks to Rick, I have now eaten all 100 candies on the list!  Abba Zabbas are really good (helps that I like taffy and peanut butter!).  No thanks to the Post Office tho, it was supposed to be here on the 4th, just arrived today, I thought maybe the mailman had gotten hungry and ate them, guess they were just lost for a while. Thanks again Rick!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Singer who runs a smidge

68.  At least I got more than happylily!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Walk-Jogger

Thanks to Rick, I have now eaten all 100 candies on the list!  Abba Zabbas are really good (helps that I like taffy and peanut butter!).  No thanks to the Post Office tho, it was supposed to be here on the 4th, just arrived today, I thought maybe the mailman had gotten hungry and ate them, guess they were just lost for a while. Thanks again Rick!

Congrats on making it to 100! This immediately made me think of the old song "Candy Man", LOL.

Retired &  Loving It