Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl Don't-Give -a-Crap thread (Read 80 times)

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Didn't watch any of it, but my FB and Twitter feeds were pretty entertaining.

StepbyStep-SH

I figured you'd have appreciated the David Beckham commercial.

Tattoos don't do anything for me, but I did appreciate that commercial.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Are you saying that January has been too warm for good running ....... in Alaska ???

I know a few folks who might get a kick out of that!  

Yep. We had a week or so (seemed like an eternity) of 40+F degrees, reaching 50F in some places. This melted snow and created water on top of ice = 0 traction for feet or cars. The ice got soft enough that cleats could dig in but still not fun running.

Warm weather in winter is not good since so much of our fun and economy depends on cold weather and snow - skiing, mushing, snow machining, etc. If the rivers and/or lakes aren't frozen many events can't take place. This past Tues it was warm enough that there was some mud on trails, but on Wed started freezing and was probably the first decent run in awhile. Snow/ice conditions on Saturday were great - with ice cleats.  Right now it's looking like a lot of the races will probably be able to go on as planned. Yukon Quest had to change start area for this past weekend. For consecutive races, we have Iditasport, Susitna 100 (and Iron dog is same weekend, I think), Iditarod Trail Invitational, and finally the Iditarod. Races should be over by end of March. There's some other races scattered in there, but several sled dog races in December were cancelled.

Take a look at the jet stream over the past month or so. When it heads south, the south gets cold and north gets warm. This is not the first time it's happened.

We've had green grass while FL road signs are covered with snow. Not good when woody plants start breaking bud, since there's likely to be more 0F temperatures before summer.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
        wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just a normal Sunday for me. The game hadn't started by the time I left for work and they were in the midst of post-game interviews when I got home. Since they were interviewing a Seahawk (I think it was Russell), I assumed Seattle won, then switched channels to watch a PBS show on the Pioneers of Television that highlighted the early Sci-Fi shows like Star Trek and The Twilight Zone.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Dad on the run.

Wait, what? The superbowl was THIS weekend???  I couldn't care less.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Don't care, never cared, will never care. I just don't understand why people get so worked up over that sport, I understand everyone has their own opinions and likes, but football just gets WAY too much publicity in my opinion......... boring.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)