Beginners and Beyond

Donuts (Read 59 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We've got .... 3 donut shops in my area - Donut Bank, Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts. And that is the way I've always seen it spelled 

Lily, I am just bad aren't I 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

The irony here is that Krispy Kreme... spells it doughnuts.

And that's why KK has the best glazed donuts.  Oops, doughnuts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

I eat 2 a year but would have them daily if calories weren't part of the decision. I love coffee rolls the best

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If calories, sugar, fat were not an issue I would eat one blueberry (cake) donut every day.

And I prefer Donut Bank over KK 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I think the rule is that people who like doughnuts spell it donuts. People who don't like them spell it doughnuts...

Rule breaker here! I never eat them, but spell it donuts. Technically either one is acceptable and is a matter of personal preference. Use of donuts is more recent and supposedly increased in popularity mainly because of Dunkin. Doughnuts is still more common in British English, but the American spelling is creeping in. IMHO, spelling it doughnuts sounds more formal and gives them too much respect.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think the rule is that people who like doughnuts spell it donuts. People who don't like them spell it doughnuts...

I think some cartoon tv character spells it Dohnuts.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

catwhoorg

Labrat

As a college student I was occasionally very bad.

Coming back from a weights session, I would stop by a newly opened fresh fried doughnut shop and get a couple or three.

Sometimes literally caught from the frier and server tongue burning hot.

They were manna from heaven.

And calories I really didn't need, but I can resist anything but temptation.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Hip Redux

There's a gluten free bakery nearby and I finally stopped to see what they had.   Against my better judgment, I tried a dairy free, egg free, gluten free donut.

HOLY CRAP.  It was the best donut I'd ever had.  No doubt they replaced everything with more fat and sugar.   I've been thinking about swinging by and getting another....

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

There's a gluten free bakery nearby and I finally stopped to see what they had.   Against my better judgment, I tried a dairy free, egg free, gluten free donut.

HOLY CRAP.  It was the best donut I'd ever had.  No doubt they replaced everything with more fat and sugar.   I've been thinking about swinging by and getting another....

So... What's that leave, Sawdust?

LRB

Sugar sugar bobugar, banana fana fofugar, me mi momugar, SUGAR!

Hip Redux

Fat and sugar.   In a donut form.    I'm telling you it was GOOD!

I rarely indulge, but the "healthy" *cough* grocery store in town has a wide selection of gourmet donuts.

Black Forest with cherry filling and chocolate shavings on top, outdone by PB+J, strawberry jelly with crushed peanut topping.  OMG.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

I don't indulge often, but I love the maple dipped donuts at Tim Horton's.  (Only when in Canada, which is probably better for my waistline.)