Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES; I'm not particularly fond of the number 11 (Read 37 times)

onemile

8 miles

Docket_Rocket

6.10 done.  Maybe one day I'll stop wondering if I hurt myself again with every soreness/minor pain during running, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

An easy 4 in prep for my race tomorrow.

This might be interesting - read:  painful.

I ran this race back in 2014 when I was probably in the best shape of my PhatOldMan phase.  Set 10K, 5K, and mile old man PR's that year.  This was during training for, and just after Boston.

My time for this 4 mile race was 28:02 - so right at a 7 mpm pace.

Last year my time was a full minute slower - less training and getting old sux.

This year my training has been going well - but I just don't know if I have the speed or the desire to hurt as much as a PR attempt will be.

I'm going to try to hang on to 7 minute pace, but -------.

Anything in the 28:30 range will be acceptable.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Kill it, bluesky!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

An easy 4 in prep for my race tomorrow.

This might be interesting - read:  painful.

I ran this race back in 2014 when I was probably in the best shape of my PhatOldMan phase.  Set 10K, 5K, and mile old man PR's that year.  This was during training for, and just after Boston.

My time for this 4 mile race was 28:02 - so right at a 7 mpm pace.

Last year my time was a full minute slower - less training and getting old sux.

This year my training has been going well - but I just don't know if I have the speed or the desire to hurt as much as a PR attempt will be.

I'm going to try to hang on to 7 minute pace, but -------.

Anything in the 28:30 range will be acceptable.

Have a good race!

I was gonna do 4 but ended up with only 2 because plans I had that I thought were for later got moved up as I finished the first mile.

LRB

I went to an inversion workshop at a yoga studio (at a cost of $25) and boy did I suck ass. My core strength is virtually nonexistent where most of the balance  and head stand poses were concerned and I am about as flexible as a baby grand piano.

Oh well, at least I did get to do some OM channeling and a few other verbal chants that made me feel like a real idiot.

LRB

Anything in the 28:30 range will be unacceptable.

FYP.

Don't settle before the race, settle after it. 

I went to an inversion workshop at a yoga studio (at a cost of $25) and boy did I suck ass. My core strength is virtually nonexistent where most of the balance  and head stand poses were concerned and I am about as flexible as a baby grand piano.

Oh well, at least I did get to do some OM channeling and a few other verbal chants that made me feel like a real idiot.

Plus, yoga pants.

Dave