Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #155 (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

In what's not cancelled (lol, yet), saw the the rescheduled Delaware marathon thinks they are holding the race on August 2. Delaware just entered phase one of reopening on Monday. Oh, it's the same race management company that think Baltimore is going to happen. And even if it were to happen, who on earth would want to run a marathon in the Mid Atlantic in August? A 5k at that time is almost unbearable.

My June now August HM which is full already, is supposedly still happening.

After all, we are hitting Back to Normal on July 4th. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

My June now August HM which is full already, is supposedly still happening.

After all, we are hitting Back to Normal on July 4th. 

Most of the July 4th events in MD have cancelled. I wonder how much say the mayor of DC has about 4th of July events there? If she has the ability to pull the permits, I can see that happening.

Docket_Rocket

Most of the July 4th events in MD have cancelled. I wonder how much say the mayor of DC has about 4th of July events there? If she has the ability to pull the permits, I can see that happening.

Mind you, Carmel has had two races so far (since Memorial Day). If you can call a race something with 50 people all starting alone every X minutes, never seeing each other, staying in the car while not running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Mind you, Carmel has had two races so far (since Memorial Day). If you can call a race something with 50 people all starting alone every X minutes, never seeing each other, staying in the car while not running.

I want to see what happens in DC if the mayor can keep the president from having a 4th of July event.

Yea, the stay in the car when not racing, not happening. I'm old, I need to warm up at least a little.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Evansville's memorial day race looked nearly normal in the pics I saw, just people spread out a bit more than usual

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

This track seems to be magical for me for the 5K, even when I have to go onto the field to get around a line of walkers spanning all six lanes, and yet I can't seem to run a sub-6 mile on there if my life depended on it. Wonder what would happen if I tried for a 10K.

There's a small race company here that apparently plans to stage a race in July, in which they'll be honoring registrations from their previous cancelled races. And accepting 300 new registrations. I've never actually run one of their races -- I'd have loved to, but they're always on Saturdays -- but this seems a bit premature. That's just me.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

I did 4.3 run/walk on the TM during a company conference call today.  I had to have a few extended walking breaks to take notes.  Looks like we're not going back to the office until after Labor Day at the earliest.  Works for me!

I have no interest in races that aren't really races, I'm not paying money to run alone while having lots of restrictions on me running alone.

However, I am interested in something like this: https://runoyo.com/info

I wish they would set up something like this on the lakefront.  You could get a group together whenever you want and get a real time.  With 5k, 10k, Half and Full courses, you could do also time trials on your own whenever you wanted on a certified course.

Docket_Rocket

I have no interest in races that aren't really races, I'm not paying money to run alone while having lots of restrictions on me running alone.

This.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Another 3.4 mi for 10.6 total today

Cyberic

I did 4.3 run/walk on the TM during a company conference call today.  I had to have a few extended walking breaks to take notes.  Looks like we're not going back to the office until after Labor Day at the earliest.  Works for me!

However, I am interested in something like this: https://runoyo.com/info

I wish they would set up something like this on the lakefront.  You could get a group together whenever you want and get a real time.  With 5k, 10k, Half and Full courses, you could do also time trials on your own whenever you wanted on a certified course.

I shared that link to a local race organizer who organizes a series of running events every year. Maybe not for me, but then again maybe, but definitely an idea worth looking into

GinnyinPA

I ran 8.2 easy on the TM.