Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins are... (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Disney runners! Looks like Damaris finishedSmile

Boyfriend and his doggie are still here. Went on a walk this morning. Felt great! My boyfriend noticed I'm strongly favoring my right foot though and limping even though it doesn't hurt. Still walking like I'm in the boot and not really flexing my ankle. Like a phantom injury.....not really trusting my foot and also not used to using the muscles around my foot and ankle to walk. I have some work to do I guess.

Kristin, did you try massaging with the "Foot Long"?   

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hahahaha

Kristin, did you try massaging with the "Foot Long"?   

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

Ginny, feeling great.. Was a little worried initially but it came up good.. The overcast weather also helped.. Alarm set at 6.15 but only managed to get out of bed at 7.00.. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Good morning!  I didn't run yesterday.  There were thunderstorms, plus I've had lots of clues that I need a bit more recovery.  I have 7 easy planned for this evening.

Today I have an interview- I'm applying to be a chaperone for an exchange trip to Costa Rica this summer.  My daughter is applying to go as an exchange student.  I have the last interview, then they invited us to join them for lunch (that's gotta be a good sign, right), then there's the information session for students who are applying.

I hope I get it, but spending all summer over there would be a big step for me.  Plus it would mean marathon training in the tropics.  Damaris and I could compare dewpoint numbers for the day.

Damaris- Good luck today!

Jack- Hope that you were able to get some sleep.  Sounds like a great gig!

Bin- Glad you got your LR in!

Traci- Nice job keeping up with the pace bunny!  Hope that your sister is able to start getting things worked out.  We had water damage a couple of years ago- no fun at all. 

Awesome!  Comparing should be fun!

Disney Marathon done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, sorry I did not come back to the thread yesterday to read your answer.  I did the Disney Marathon so we had to drive to Orlando for expo, etc.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

Congrats, Damaris! How was the pain level?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Damaris! How was the pain level?

Not good which is why I had to run/walk most of it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Not good which is why I had to run/walk most of it.

Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

PADRunner

PADRunner - good job on the 11.  Do you have a HM coming up soon?

Yes, still several weeks off 2/23. Also doing the Hot Chocolate 15k on 2/8

Docket_Rocket

Sad

Don't worry.  This won't be resolved until after surgery, and I have two more marathons that will have pain in them.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

D- You are seriously tough.

Jerry- How did you like the movie?  I thought it was good but not great.

My interview went well, I think, but they only have two spots and there were several good applicants there.  So we'll see.  They say they'll make the decision in about a week.  I came home and ran a really nice 8 miler.  Finally a run where I could just relax and clear my head a bit.  I really needed that!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck to you and DD!

D- You are seriously tough.

Jerry- How did you like the movie?  I thought it was good but not great.

My interview went well, I think, but they only have two spots and there were several good applicants there.  So we'll see.  They say they'll make the decision in about a week.  I came home and ran a really nice 8 miler.  Finally a run where I could just relax and clear my head a bit.  I really needed that!

Zelanie

Good luck to you and DD!

Thanks, Kristin!  I think DD has a better chance of getting in than I do.

One of the applicants was a chaperone last year, and she was talking about what it was like being down there, and how the first thing she did was join a gym.  So later I got the chance to ask her if she was a runner, and she was.  She joined the gym to make sure she could get her miles in while she was there.  She said that there are plenty of runners down there, and most run outside, but she chose the TM just to avoid traffic.  There were also several gyms within walking distance of where she stayed.